Sr Business Analyst - Telecommute (111770135)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Business Analyst supporting new and existing products, your role is critical in helping deliver world class service for our customers. This role would include supporting product development by eliciting and documenting all necessary requirements based on business and customer needs, maintaining a backlog of user stories, working with integrated design and development teams to deliver functionality, staying abreast of competing products, and communicating with all stakeholders.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Act as the voice of the customer in eliciting and analyzing information for development of business requirements
- Define and document/communicate business requirements in a collaborative environment
- Development of visual models, diagrams, tables, graphs, and/or charts to represent current state and future business needs
- Understand the product vision, road-map and product growth opportunities to support product management in the creation of capabilities and features for agile delivery initiation
- Actively participate in daily meetings, backlog refinement and prioritization, defect management and retrospectives
- Decompose requested business features into user stories as part of the Agile team
- Document Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) acceptance criteria
- Support the product owner by discussing business and technical impacts of and dependencies related to priority decisions
- Keep abreast with developing internal and external Agile trends and practices
- Contribute to continued organizational growth by sharing knowledge, promoting a positive team environment, mentoring others and continual self-development
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively collaborate on value based outcomes
- Review work performed by self and others, and provide recommendations for quality improvement
- Constructively challenge current thinking, supporting change that will deliver exceptional user ¬ centric experiences
- Actively participate in activities to support business agility within the organization
- Manage team conflict
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of proven BA experience to include eliciting and documenting business requirements
- 1+ years of experience with visual models, diagrams, tables, graphs, and/or charts to represent business needs
- Experience working in a virtual team environment
- Occasional travel - This position may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties under 10% per year
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of Experience with Agile principles and practices
- Experience working in the Healthcare Industry
- Experience working within an SDLC (system development life cycle) methodology
- Experience using Agile application lifecycle management software (ex: Rally, JIRA)
- Can successfully write Acceptance Test Driven Development criteria (ATDD) using the Gherkin language
- Excellent communication, collaboration, time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.