Senior Business Systems Analyst - Telecommute (111820961)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with end users/customers to understand and further develop requirements
- Serve as a key resource in decomposing and solutioning complex analytic requirements
- Recognize, gather, correlate, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and devise solutions and alternatives; and make appropriate recommendations
- Present information in a variety of formats (charts, graphs, tables) to help leadership and stakeholders understand requirements and issues that surface
- Ability to explain technical issues in words the customer will understand
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, using a range of tools, including MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and MS Visio
- Champion privacy and security for all analytic components of the NY APD solution
- Partner with leadership and customers to track and understand defects; Assume accountability and/or ownership to work defect through to resolution
- Proficient in SQL to allow for data analysis and data exploration of quality issues that surface
- Knowledge of data quality and master data management concepts to allow for solid participation and support of these key components of the NY APD solution
- Support QA with test plan development, defect triage process, defect resolution
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of business analysis & data analysis experience with some aspect of NY Payer data, including Medicaid data, Medicare data, Exchange data and Commercial payer data
- 5+ years of Data Warehousing experience
- 5+ years of experience with project methodology (requirements, design, development, test, and implementation)
- Experience gathering requirements from the client/business and documenting Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs and automated database management systems (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Experience in analysis of business process and workflow and providing an evaluation, benchmark and/or process improvement recommendations
- Knowledge of one or more BI Tool, including Tableau, SAS, ArcGIS
- Solid working knowledge of data quality and master data management concepts
- Solid working knowledge of change management and incident management procedures and best practices
- Working knowledge of data warehouse data structure type to insure accurate navigation of data issues that surface
- Intermediate level knowledge of SQL to assist in data analysis
- Solid proponent of version control to ensure that modifications to the system
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience with NY Medicaid/Health Exchange data
- Experience with NYS commercial payer data
- Oracle experience
- Tableau experience
- State Medicaid Data Warehouse or Medicaid Management Information Systems
- Ability to communicate analysis including trends and opportunities to clients and the business in writing and verbally
- Ability to problem solve including multiple priorities and research conflicting and/or inaccurate data
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.