Senior Business Systems Analyst - Telecommute (111820839)
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function will be primarily responsible for Business Systems Analysis for the Pharmacy LOB. To keep many of the current/upcoming projects on track/resourced appropriately, the position is needed to join existing digital portal teams, and participate in system analysis efforts as well as leading technical projects, particularly around extending/enhancing current portal capabilities.
Positions in this function create and deliver high quality system solutions for our applications, products and services across all technology functions. They consult with users and technology specialists to define business processes and the information systems for supporting those processes. Individuals in these roles may perform system analysis and also serve as business liaisons to understand and refine business requirements. They provide technical support in developing systems that are cost effective and meet users’ requirements. This function works to create systems that work together in a cohesive manner, enforcing standards and methods consistently across the enterprise. Roles may support and lead both current system improvements and maintenance along with new system development.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Leads the end-to-end business requirements gathering process with internal and external stakeholders in order to establish project scope and system goals
- Leads technical projects in support of the Digital Roadmap
- Evaluates technology and completes options and risk analysis
- Develops and drives innovative solutions
- Initiates and drives continuous improvement efforts to ensure system efficiency in support of business needs
- Develops and implements maintenance procedures, monitor system health, gather system statistics, and troubleshoot reported errors and alarms
- Performs design, implementation, and upgrades of information systems to meet the business and user needs
- Initiates opportunities and influences stakeholders with ideas that drive business value
- Recommends innovation in digital and channel strategies; Engages appropriate parties to influence change
- Pro-actively identifies and addresses security gaps in solution design and delivery
- Works with QA teams to define and coordinate the execution of testing procedures, and develop test cases to serve the overall quality assurance process
- Serves as tier 3/4 technical support, and handles incidents per defined service level agreements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience working with information technologies and systems analysis
- Experience working in an Agile scrum-based environment
- Experience working with offshore team members
- SQL experience: querying, table design, DB administration, stored procedures, etc.
- Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training, and implementing new applications and systems
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of programming languages
- Proven computer, hardware and software skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions
- Excellent analytical skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.