Business Analyst- Customer Experience (58504)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [FEU]
This position will be responsible for driving Customer Service initiatives and provides opportunities to lead, or assist, with high-exposure transformational activities in support of FE Forward. This position will also assist with strategic capital planning, business process management, researching, benchmarking, business integration, regulatory requests, customer satisfaction and other performance data analytics. This work will involve the measurement of business performance initiatives to assist in driving performance improvement opportunities within the company. This position will work at all levels across the organization to interact with subject matter experts, and business leaders.
This position has flexibility related to work location and will be classified as Mobile with primary work location as home, but may work at or visit a facility, based on business need.
There are three positions available.
- Managing small/medium size projects – leading, supporting, participating in, and training teams on project management including process, tools and templates, and methods of communication.
- Reviewing and validating project business case documentation and monitoring achievement of predicted results.
- Developing detailed process mapping for business process improvement initiatives.
- Researching industry best practices, new methods and alternative measures for performance.
- Compiling and analyzing performance statistics for communication, leadership updates and opportunity improvement.
- Data mining for root causes associated with improvements/declines in operational key indicators and provide clear and concise findings.
- Developing and/or supporting reporting of key metrics and benefit realization.
- Working across Customer Service to ensure effective and consistent reporting and analysis.
- Two to four-year degree in a related discipline is preferred, along with a minimum of 4 years related work experience required. In lieu of a degree, 7 years of related direct, related experience will be required. Relevant experience may include prior project management experience, data reporting, analysis, costing and recommendations, along with a thorough understanding of the subject matter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with teammates and positions at all levels
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills are necessary with proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Must be able to manage multiple, changing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, while ensuring aggressive deadlines are met
- Medium to high proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Toad, QlikView, ACL, SAP) and related databases
- Must be flexible in job assignments and hours
- Limited travel may be required to departmental functions
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team