Senior Specialist, Business Analyst
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Bristol Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to transforming patients’ lives through science. At the core of that mission are the talented individuals who contribute their “unique” skillsets to help us drive innovation and deliver truly life-changing drugs for our patients. As we continue to pursue that mission, we’re looking for talented professionals like you to join our team. What unique gene will you bring?
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Business Analyst plays an important role in building out the site business analytics and infrastructure to enable site operations and quality teams to make strategic and operational decisions focus on making quick decision for our patients. The Business Analyst in partnership with local teams and global partners will transform data into visualizations to drive the strategic objectives for the site. The Business Analyst will help site teams to streamline communication and enable quick decision making in support of our patients. Additionally, the business analyst will develop the dynamic data visualization platform that will support stakeholder/customer interfacing and reporting
Key responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Work closely with data scientists and data engineers to develop data infrastructure (data pipelines, reports etc) and other tools to make analytics easier and more effective.
- Support site operations and quality teams through data mining and analysis to drive performance.
- Design, develop, and maintain compelling, accurate, and reliable analytical reports that will be used to daily to improve patient outcomes.
- Ability to story-tell and translate analysis and insights into actionable recommendations.
- Work with network peers to integrate dashboards ensuring accurate and timely reporting.
- Establish and maintain analytics visualization tools and dashboards supporting multiple work groups and strategic invites
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and maintaining the data analytics system
- Undergraduate (BA/BS) degree required, preferably engineering field and/or operations analytics. Higher level degree(s) in data sciences and programming a plus.
- 3+ years of direct professional experience in data programming & analytics in life sciences, biopharmaceuticals in operations setting
- 2+ years experience with statistical analysis. Stat packages such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, et
- 1+ years of experience with SQL (Oracle, Vertica, Hive, MySQL, etc) or a scripting language for data analysis is required
- Extensive experience in programming, including Python and managing data lakes, and ability to create in visual reporting applications and enterprise systems, including Tableau.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to ramp up quickly, do in-depth statistical analysis, pull together dashboards for real time reporting.
- Ability to story-tell and translate analysis and insights into actionable recommendations
- Translate business questions into analytic hypotheses, data needs, and reporting requirements
- Collaborates effectively across with multiple teams, projects, and locations
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.