Digital Product Analyst - Telecommute (112171191)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you have a passion for all things digital read on. We are looking for a curious digital guru who is energized by digging in, researching new ideas, and crafting those concepts into the ideal prospect acquisition experience that meets both user and business needs. As a Digital Product Analyst you will be responsible for executing against the product strategy and vision outlined by the product management team. You will work with key business and technical stakeholders to research, define, document and articulate new digital products and existing digital product enhancements. This position requires collaboration with key business stakeholders, digital product managers & owners, content authors, UX managers, developers, and data architects to support of a multi-year roadmap.
This role will be hybrid in Minnetonka, MN but for the ideal candidate this can be full telecommute, as you take on some tough challanges.
- Work in partnership with the digital product team to develop and execute a human-centered product roadmap to enhance existing, or develop new, user experiences
- Product Capability-develop and/or expand detailed capabilities including the definition of dependencies, risks and acceptance criteria; provide supportive information and documentation, articulate definitions and requirements as a handoff to the Product Owner for capability/feature execution
- Product Research & Analysis-in support of the product strategy & capability backlog and roadmap, the product analyst conducts product & market research, and voice-of-the-customer insights
- Conduct competitive analysis and UX assessments of digital experiences both inside and outside the Medicare industry, identifying gaps and emerging opportunities for Government Programs Digital
- Collaborate with Product Manager and Digital Analytics teams to help inform A/B testing opportunities and digital analytics tracking to measure user behavior for ongoing optimization
- Serve as Liaison between front-end experience (Consumer facing) and back-end (Development) capability
- Collaborate & initiate solutioning with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), actively seeking out how current experiences work, defining and articulating gaps in desired optimized experiences and/or identifying data needs required to fulfill brand new consumer experiences
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders & represent/educate the product strategy & capabilities including product Demos & Product Spokesperson for applicable topics
- Collaborate with the user experience (UX) design team on product design to ensure all necessary use cases and experiences are addressed and accounted for
- Create and maintain product documentation including portfolio flows, user journey flows, high-level data integration between websites, tools and services in partnership with development team
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 3+ years of digital analysis experience
- 3+ years of experience in the creation of digital product roadmaps based on consumer & business needs
- 3+ years of digital marketing and user experience best practices
- 3+ years of experience developing human centered experiences preferably in e-Commerce
- 3+ years of experience with analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience understanding and optimizing the user experience funnel, leveraging testing and personalization tools (i.e. Adobe Target, etc.)
- Experience working with agencies relative to UX and related activities
- Understanding of content management systems (i.e. Adobe Experience Manager, Sitecore, etc.)
- Understanding of direct-to-consumer (“DTC”) digital prospect acquisition and measurement
- Health care experience or experience in other interactive and digital industries such as retail and financial services or digital agency
- Experience with Agile software development processes. Formal experience with one or more recognized Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, etc.) or toolsets (VersionOne, Rally, etc.)
- Experience working successfully in a large, matrixed organization
- Experience coordinating priorities and contributions of a network of stakeholders from across a large, diverse organization
- Experience delivering Web experiences that meet user needs based on usability research, UX design and information architecture principles, and product management methodologies
- Experience working collaboratively at all levels and across business lines using influencing skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships to establish trust and credibility across a matrixed, cross-functional team
- Solid communication skills, including written, spoken, and presentation communications
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.