Product / Business Analyst - Development Data Governance ( MERCUSR195186ENUS)
Attention N.J. Applicants: In April 2020, our Company announced plans to consolidate our New Jersey campuses into a single New Jersey headquarters location in Rahway, NJ by 2023. Therefore, the NJ work location for this role will be temporarily based and the exact timing of the departmental move to Rahway, NJ will be communicated at a future date.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We partner internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
The Development Data Governance Product focuses on the following key capabilities within the Data Governance framework: Security/Access Management, Data Quality Management, Data Cataloging, Reference & Master Data Management, Metadata Management, and Demand Management. The success of these capabilities will ensure the company data is safeguarded, accessible, controlled, trusted, and available.
This is a partnership heavy role. As a member of the product team, you will partner closely with teams across our Company’s IT and business organizations. Through the consulting and hands-on nature of our team, you will contribute to a variety of products and technologies, depending on partner needs.
- The Product/Business Analyst will have the primary responsibility to understand business processes, challenges, and opportunities in the domain of Pipeline Portfolio Planning.
- The Product/Business Analyst should be instrumental in requirement gathering/analysis, planning, and acceptance testing.
- The Product/Business Analyst will use agile, value-centric, business outcomes-oriented principles, combine user needs with business expectations, user stories and acceptance criteria and assist the development team through the product releases. The position is not just strategic but also execution-oriented.
You will be asked to:
- Build knowledge of Data Governance landscape, systems, and processes.
- Build contacts and professional network in the community of business and technical experts.
- Work with stakeholders to uncover and communicate user needs and assist in product discovery and analysis activities.
- Write user stories, requirements, and acceptance criteria.
- Be instrumental in planning and execution.
- Provide close business analysis support to the Product Manager so that what gets built is both valuable and viable.
- Compile critical content for training and communication for users.
- Properly prioritizes competing business demands.
- Comprehends technology standards, architecture guidelines, and contributes to IT development.
- Prepare and review technical documentation for solutions.
- Work in the context of a team as well as an individual and proactive contributor.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work in international and intercultural teams.
- Self-driven personality with a strong focus on understanding and measuring business value.
- Experience with creating and managing content in tools such as SharePoint, JIRA, and Confluence is preferred.
- B.S. or equivalent.
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Residents of Colorado:
Click here to request this role’s pay range.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Hybrid
Shift:1st - Day
Valid Driving License:Yes
Number of Openings:1