Associate Business Systems Analyst - Hybrid (112226823)
Associate Business Systems Analyst
Optum Rx, a UnitedHealth Group company, with over 24,000 employees globally, specializes in the delivery, clinical management and affordability of prescription medications and consumer health products. Our goal is to deliver high-quality, integrated services to promote optimal outcomes, superior savings and outstanding client and consumer experiences. We make healthier happen by creating smarter health care connections to help more than 65 million consumers nationwide realize improved care, lower costs, and a better overall experience. This is a place like no other and where you’ll do your life’s best work.
OptumRx is looking for a curious, adaptable, and self-motivated Business Analyst. The candidate in the Business Analyst role will work closely with leadership and other stakeholders in Network Pricing Team to understand business needs and identify solutions. The employee will be the primary liaison between Business and Data/Analytics team, documenting requirements, identifying gaps, and working with cross-functional teams to identify solutions. The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of the business and must be able to translate Business needs into Data, and Analytical and Reporting needs. The candidate should be an independent operator and a quick learner.
Supports and validates Provider Network (physicians, hospitals, pharmacies, ancillary facilities, etc.) contracting and unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. Conducts unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies. Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting, and associated financial models
Careers with Optum offer hybrid work arrangements and individuals who live in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to regularly work from home (remote). Here at Optum we use the office space to promote community, enhance collaboration and foster innovation.
- Research and collate documentation pertaining to business processes and procedures. Independently research, review, and collect available technical information as basis for documentation.
- Responsible for the creation and architecture of document repositories of processes and procedures.
- Manage task assignment process by triaging and assigning tasks.
- Create reports and visual graphics for senior leadership to show status of in-flight tasks.
- Support multiple short- and long-term operational/strategic project initiatives simultaneously through business and data analysis.
- Communicate project progress to stakeholders and business leaders at every step of the project.
- Lead discussions with customers and leaders to understand business needs, identify challenges, and find opportunities for improvements.
- Create a detailed Business Analysis outlining problems, opportunities, and solutions for business.
- Assist in documenting requirements and defining scope and objectives. Help with creating use cases, user stories, process flows, data mapping etc.
- Review, analyze and evaluate business needs and translate them into data, analytical and reporting efforts.
- Keep track of project progress at each stage by designing goals, identifying success markers, and measuring those.
- Ability to work across cross-functional teams to identify business, data and reporting needs and assist where needed.
- Excellent/demonstrated verbal and written communication skills are an absolute requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in business/finance including analysis
- Experience with project methodology (requirements, design, development, test and implementation)
- Experience with Microsoft office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration, IT or related field
- PMP Certification
- Experience in analysis of business process and workflow and providing an evaluation, benchmark and/or process improvement recommendations
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas i\n one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the Optum Ireland Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.