Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Based within the Central Analytics and Department, the Sr. Business Systems Analyst plays a critical leadership role in building and curating naviHealth’s analytic data foundation and reporting to deliver strategic business value to the organization. The Sr. Business Systems Analyst is responsible for independently and collaboratively designing and developing enterprise solutions utilizing primary technologies such as SQL Server Management Studio, Tableau, and Visual Studio. This is a position that will partner with both technical and non-technical colleagues to support naviHealth’s growth strategy, innovative mindset, and commitment to quality.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
If you are located in CST or EST time zones, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Transform raw or near-raw data and reference information from a wide variety of data sources into comprehensive analytics and reporting-ready data sources for clinical, operational, and financial use cases
- Utilizing these data sources, build and curate standardized and ad hoc organizational reporting for usage across all naviHealth departments
- Function as a subject matter expert for the team and department in areas of assigned responsibility
- Working with the organization’s technology teams to intake, build, and curate complex databases
- Analytics data model documentation and planning
- Ensure that the established standards are followed for application architecture, development, documentation, and deployment in order to maintain high levels of consistency and quality
- Collaborate with a wide variety of organizational stakeholders to plan, design, and deploy new data sources, reporting, or products or enhance existing assets
- Analyze query performance and perform query tuning to assist development engineers in designing and optimizing queries
- Troubleshoot and resolve production support issues
- Perform technical analysis and requirements definition
- Independently identify, assess, and complete projects with limited direction
- Educating and training other members of the organization (analysts, key stakeholders, etc.) as necessary so that they are empowered to utilize the various data and reporting resources available
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable technical certification/training in a related field
- Experience with Tableau solution development (or similar reporting software/tool) and integration with existing architecture and data engineering assets
- Experience with design, development, implementation, management, and support of data structures and the data flow lifecycle (including data maintenance and data governance considerations)
- Experience communicating technical and data concepts to non-technical audiences, and business concepts to technical audiences
- Experience utilizing critical thinking to take complex, ambiguous, abstract requirements and break them into smaller components, patterns, views and features
- Proven experience collaborating with other team members in the execution of large-scale projects - regularly leading aspects of these projects
- Experience with healthcare data and concepts
- Understanding of quality assurance and data quality principals as applied to an ETL architecture
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
naviHealth, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, combines the talents of our dedicated staff and leading-edge technology to deliver compassionate care to seniors nationwide. With millions of lives touched, we are innovating the way health care is delivered from hospital to home so seniors can lead more fulfilling lives. A career with us means making an impact in the lives of those we serve, including vulnerable populations who benefit from care that is more efficient, more effective and more human. Our environment empowers our team members to elevate our interactions with each other and the experiences we deliver to our patients, giving them more days at home. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Connecticut Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.