Business Analyst (Consolidated Planning) - OH
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with the FirstEnergy Service Company, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
The Business Analyst supports Work Management Consolidated Planning responsibilities and processes through ensuring standardized long range planning processes are being utilized across the Utility Operations service area. This individual supports operations leadership in using and understanding long range planning tools and reports and provides work prioritization plans to short term planning personnel to facilitate completion of required work by needed due dates. Additionally, the Business Analyst enables long range planning tools to load the financial systems as a starting point for budget entries and champions change innovation that will drive improvement and work force efficiencies.
This position can be sited in any FE location in the Ohio Operations service territories.
- Supporting Consolidated Planning systems and process improvements for First Energy Utility Operations.
- Promoting safety and safe work practices.
- Supporting role to management and professionals following well-defined practices.
- Preparing, publishing and/or distributing Work Management Consolidated Planning reports as needed.
- Providing a consistent level of service, continuous support and proactive involvement to leadership and peers.
- Supporting Utility Operations in reaching goals and meeting deadlines.
- Recommending and developing solutions to moderately complex issues and assignments.
- Supporting process improvement activities through collaboration with other Engineering departments and corporate departments; developing process improvements and efficiencies to improve Work Management Consolidated Planning functions.
- Exercising independent judgment on projects and assignments.
- Independently anticipating and meeting internal and external customer needs.
- Conducting business-specific research and analyzing data, interpreting results, and assisting in implementation activities when necessary.
- Contributing to solutions by taking the initiative in developing alternatives and recommendations.
- Actively seeking ways to build, challenge, and add value within scope of assignments.
- Providing storm support including off hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Two-to-four-year degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering or a related discipline and minimum 2 to 7 years related work experience is required.
- In lieu of a degree, minimum 4 years related work experience is required. Related work experience includes demonstrated ability to interpret, understand and discuss various reports used to manage the resource plans of FEU operations, e.g. use of CREWS, resource planning; distribution project management and demonstrated analytical experience.
- Demonstrated technical skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) with business unit specific applications (Qlikview, PowerBI, SAP, CAD, etc.) preferred.
- Able to develop, manage and control multiple tasks.
- Excellent customer relations skills to effectively partner with customers at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate a questioning attitude to continue to learn, produce results, and strengthen existing relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Team player and possess a willingness to work in a team environment with an ability to work cross functionally.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team