IT Business Analyst I, II, III
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp.
Location: This position can be filled in Akron, OH, Greensburg, PA, Reading, PA, or Fairmont, WV. The ability to work remotely within the US may be available based on business need. This option is not available in the states of California, Colorado, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, New York, Oregon, or Washington at this time.Summary of Responsibilities
- Drive and participate in the production support and enhancement lifecycle of FirstEnergy’s IT Customer systems.
- Serve as the liaison between the Customer business units and IT to translate business requirements into functional requirements and guide delivery to ensure that a quality tested product is implemented.
- Focus on application configuration, solution delivery, testing, administration and support of FirstEnergy’s IT Customer systems and the various interfaces to other systems.
This position exists within the IT Customer Back Office Solutions group and reports to the Supervisor, Billing Systems.
IT Customer Back Office Solutions is an innovative team that provides value through regulatory and enhancement processes and support of technology solutions for the following areas within the Customer Care and Rates and Regulatory Affairs organization:
- Back Office Billing
- Power Billing
- Customer Services Controls
- Rates and Regulatory Affairs
- Production support: Supporting the FirstEnergy Customer business units and applicable applications to ensure successful day-to-day business functions.
- Investigating and resolving problems reported via Help Desk or directly from business clients, including some off-hours support.
- Providing analytical and operational support to the business clients.
- Supporting ERP environment specifically SAP IS-U, Billing and Invoicing standards.
- Managing enhancement requests throughout the development lifecycle.
- Working directly with business units to collect requirements, facilitate workshops, develop quality functional specifications and/or business process maps, perform analysis, and recommend best technical approach (with estimates).
- Working with IT developers to ensure the solution satisfies functional requirements.
- Configuring solutions.
- Creating and executing comprehensive unit and integration test plans.
- Developing detailed implementation plans and providing clear documentation for completed products.
- Understanding system interface design and data flows to support complex inbound and outbound interfaces.
- Project management: e.g., project charter creation, developing and executing work plans, aligning with applicable release schedules, coordinating activities between IT teams, with the business units and with vendors, monitoring progress, tracking of project labor and budget spend, and communicating with stakeholders.
- Performing rates, role and regression testing for SAP production migrations.
- Administering (where applicable), researching, and resolving application security provisioning issues.
- Adhering to all IT SOX controls/procedures for data and application changes.
- Bachelor's or associate degree in Management, Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or related field, with a minimum of 2 years of experience as a Business Analyst or related field. In lieu of a degree, 4 years of experience as a Business Analyst or related field required.
- Demonstrate basic technological aptitude through work experience, education, or other means.
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to create and conduct presentations.
- Knowledge of project management concepts and tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing processes, standards, and best practices.
- Willingness to undertake assignments involving unfamiliar subjects, propensity for continual growth.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot, analyze, and solve non-routine problems with little or no guidance.
- Aptitude to learn quickly.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to think creatively.
- Focus on working with diverse teams and building an inclusive work environment.
- Understanding and willingness to embrace IT application development standards and processes.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and plan activities, work on multiple concurrent tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as applicable and be available for after-hours support if needed.
- Highly motivated with ability to work independently with a high level of productivity.
- Commitment to producing quality deliverables while adhering to deadlines.
- Proven team player; encourages and supports team members in a virtual work setting.
- Proficiency in SAP ERP software solutions – IS_U/CCS Billing and Invoicing.
- Familiarity with functions of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application.
- Experience in supporting a customer service focused business unit.
- Ability to understand integrated technologies with SAP (i.e. Bill Print, Data Store, MDUS, Web).
- Ability to interact and coordinate with third-party software solutions, vendors, and contractors.
- Participation in at least one significant IT software implementation project or upgrade.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team