Assistant Business Analyst - Mobile
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co. a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [FEU]
This position provides analytical support for the development of energy efficiency and peak demand reduction program plans to achieve Company objectives and requirements across all FirstEnergy utilities in OH, PA, MD, NJ, and WV.
This position will be classified as Mobile with primary work location as home, but may work at or visit a facility, based on business need. Preferred FE locations are Akron, Ohio or Greensburg, PA.
This position reports to the Manager, Compliance & Development.
- Providing analysis to support the development and implementation of energy efficiency and demand response programs and related strategies, positions, and recommendations.
- Developing program plan documents, presentations and other supporting information used for review with stakeholders and obtaining approvals.
- Developing and providing analysis of energy efficiency and demand response programs and measures through research, benchmarking, and other analysis.
- Reviewing and analyzing legislation, utility filings, regulations, orders and other industry and related information and providing summaries, comments, and recommendations.
- Participating in working groups or other teams for the development and implementation of energy efficiency and demand response programs.
Qualifications at the Assistant Business Analyst level includes:
- Two or four-year degree in a related discipline preferred with minimum 0-2 years professional work experience required.
- In lieu of degree, 2 years direct, related professional work experience will be required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Analytical ability to evaluate and analyze data from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrates a questioning attitude and desire to continue to learn and produce results.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and the ability to identify where a process or procedure may need to be modified.
- Working knowledge of utility industry preferred.
- Basic understanding of meter data.
- Possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license.
- Willing and able to travel throughout the service territory periodically, and willing to work extra and/or irregular hours during unusual circumstances.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team