Lead Business Intelligence Analyst
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
Visible is hiring a Business Intelligence Engineer to work on the Business Intelligence team. This role is responsible for developing data products to support and inform business decisions both directly by request and indirectly by the engineers' recommendation(s). This role is in a centralized group that supports many different functions within the organization and as such will be required to work with and support non-technical staff to better understand real-world processes represented by data.
- Interface with business customers, gather requirements
- Develop new data tables, fields, and measures within our data warehouse
- Deliver complete solutions with a strong sense of ownership
- Bias for action and superior communication skills; be willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Troubleshoot data/analysis/code to find root causes and propose and own solutions
- Develop clean, scalable, effective code that adheres to our standards and practices
We are hiring in the following locations: Denver CO, Dallas TX, Alpharetta GA, Irvine CA, Basking Ridge NJ, New York City, and Miami FL.
What we're looking for...
You have the technical skills and enjoy leading teams to deliver results that make a difference. When there are challenges, people look to you for solutions. You are very good at keeping the lines of communication open to keep things moving in the right direction. Multitasking is second nature for you, and a fast-paced, complex environment is where you thrive.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with SQL.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience with Dynamic SQL and Python.
- Experience with Predictive Modeling, Boosting, and Time Series Forecasting.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Bigquery, Git, and/or Kubernetes.
- Experience with data visualization with a preference for Looker.
- Experience with Complex Joins and data-cleaning operations.
- Knowledge of Procedural Language, Data Warehousing Concepts, and Statistical/Window Functions
- Breaking down complex real-world problems into analytical products.
- Developing code for immediate deliverables and for team goals.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York work location, the compensation range for this position is between $96,000.00 and $179,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.