Business Analyst (2102976)
Business Analyst - ( 2102976 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We are seeking a recent college graduate for an Analyst / Solution Manager role with an enthusiastic interest in learning about our programs and projects within the domain of Intellectual Property and Royalties.
A creative thinker with a knack toward problem-solving, high sense of urgency and strong attention to detail for planning, organizing and solutioning will also be critical to success.
What the role responsibilities are:
- Develop an understanding of the business unit priorities and needs
- Review current processes and think strategically to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Leverage frameworks to plan, prioritize, and execute solutions
- Use tools and technology to make data-driven decisions around projects and processes
- Think strategically and creatively on how to overcome or mitigate obstacles and risks.
- Manage and ensure the high-quality execution of initiatives from conception through delivery including gathering requirements and assets and crafting user flows, functional specs, and user stories
- Work closely with the UX, Design, and Engineering teams, identifying dependencies and corner cases
- Lead the implementation and ongoing delivery of products
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to define and develop new features and functionalities to support business goals
- Evaluate upcoming project initiatives and plan accordingly
- Create, manage, and report on progress
- Be creative and innovative with regards to your knowledge and awareness of industry trends and digital advances
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university with a Business degree
- Strong communication skills with the ability to discuss topics with a wide variety of individuals and groups
- Ability to work autonomously
- Positive attitude and curious disposition with the ability to drive innovation and problem solving in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills
+ Organized team player who can manage multiple tasks
- Ability to direct multiple development teams in creating cross product solutions and interactions.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
Primary Location : US-NC-Durham
Job : Technology
Organization : Technology & Operations
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Mar 10, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2102976