ASU Operations Analyst – Business & Reporting (2101086)
ASU Operations Analyst – Business & Reporting - ( 2101086 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The Business/Reporting Analyst will help us extract meaning from large volumes of data to make the right business decisions. The candidate will have to set the right vision, strategy and roadmap and work alongside stakeholders in the organization to make it happen. The candidate knows and has a passion for working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with business leaders to answer key business questions.
Responsible for requirements gathering, report design/authoring, quality assurance and documenting artifacts related to the report development lifecycle. Strong business and technical knowledge to ensure the highest level of service and efficiency for the customer.
- Own the analysis of data to drive key business decisions
- When needed, translate general reporting requests from the business into data requirements, acquire data from multiple sources, and develop ad-hoc reports to satisfy the immediate business need, with some effort to anticipate future questions
- Leverage available information to make business recommendations that meet business needs
- Collaborate within a team environment to develop relevant and repeatable policies and procedures for preparing business reports and departmental processes
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve targeting and measurement in the future
- Define the data elements and data structure that our team should leverage to enable analytical and reporting capabilities for our business development team
- Partner across RS and with Reporting and Analytics to drive improvements in capabilities, KPI and processes
- Preparing and delivering business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks
- Work with engineering and the data warehouse to enable the appropriate capture and storage of key data points
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Provide data support to RS team members to conduct analysis that drives improved business outcomes
- Analyze data to help understand performance trends across areas of the business. This includes both operational, pipeline and the learner experience
- Creates detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for a business
- Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution in Business, Information Technology, Business Analytics or related field Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business, Computer Science, Information Management or related field OR combination of education and significant experience required (advanced degree preferred)
- Two (2) years of experience in:
+ Designing and authoring reports/dashboards using Salesforce, Tableau (or other reporting tools like PowerBI, Looker, Qlik) is required.
+ Writing complex queries using SQL.
+ Utilizing NPS scores to drive process and performance through recommended changes
+ Utilizing customer surveys to drive product enhancements
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team setting and shifting priorities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being pro-active in keeping management informed of report related issues. Pearson Online Learning Services 2
- Experience with prioritizing, organizing, and performing multiple tasks simultaneously while adapting to change and managing multiple processes to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Primary Location : US-AZ-Chandler
Other Locations : US-IL-Elk Grove Village, US-FL-Orlando
Work Locations :
US-AZ-Chandler-3075 West Ray3075 W Ray RdPark at San Tan
Job : General Business Operations
Organization : North America
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jan 19, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2101086