Business Analyst (TSI) (2103674)
Business Analyst (TSI) - ( 2103674 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 21,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes, so do people.
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.
Bloomington, MN location - no long-term remote work option, nor relocation
The Business Systems Analyst is a foundational member of our team and is a facilitator that works closely with internal and external stakeholders, project managers, product owners and software development teams. This individual will lead the delivery of business solutions and must possess a passion for driving the identification of business requirements and the creation of the needed system artifacts.
This requisition is part of the Test Security team, which supports the security initiatives that are essential components of Pearson VUE’s core business. One of the team’s primary responsibilities is supporting a number of security initiatives across examination platforms that present exams to candidates, record responses, calculate scores and report results. We are looking for outstanding candidates to bolster the staff of these critical projects.
The successful team member must possess a strong technical background and a strong desire to understand current and future business needs at a detailed level. As a Business Systems Analyst you will produce high-quality full stack solutions in a collaborative, agile, results driven environment across a diverse set of business areas: client management, test center admissions technologies, business services and customer service applications. The products owned by the team are a mixture of core java business applications, web services and batch processing within a robust and highly configurable environment.
This BSA is an integral team member within our Agile software development team responsible to lead both the definition of software requirements and ensuring those requirements are accurately developed. The BA acts as the bridge between project stakeholders and software teams driving both the business requirements and functional specifications. The BSA must create requirements which are written unambiguously, clearly and concisely such that they are understandable, implementable and testable by a software team. This individual accomplishes these tasks through defining a product backlog in partnership with the product owner and project manager, leading story mapping exercises, and by creating user stories and system models.
The Business Systems Analyst will:
- Become a VUE systems expert
- Develop key product and project artifacts needed by the team
- Work with the Product Owner to represent the customer to the team and answer questions
- Work with the Software Engineers to design and build viable and complete solutions.
- Demonstrate and have accountability for requirements management via a product backlog
- Communicate using a variety of methods such as text, diagrams, prototypes, story mapping, user stories and use cases
- Facilitate requirement elicitation sessions including product backlog grooming
- Prioritize the requirements and backlog according to business value in partnership with a product owner and project manager
- Negotiate and resolve requirement conflicts
- Provide estimates for requirements and analysis activities as required
- Improve project processes or recommend improvements as appropriate
- Collaborate with other roles as a core member of a software team
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Information Systems, Computer Science discipline or equivalent technical work experience
- 5 years Business Analysis experience in an Agile Java software development environment
- 3 years experience with batch and backend data driven systems and solutions
- 3 years experience with managing requirements in an agile environment
- 3 years experience with Java Software Development of full-stack projects
- 3 years experience with SQL
- 2 years experience with User Experience Design
- 2 years experience with tech writing
- Proven Agile experience. Team focused and willingness to help the team in any way possible.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new business domains and technical applications
- Strong technical, analytic, and communication skills
- Proven ability to navigate several projects with different solution teams at once
- Motivated, self-directed and able to prioritize
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with agile software tool VersionOne
- Experience with results processing and client data feeds
- Experience with Java development projects
- Experience with accessibility requirements
- Experience in computer-based testing, certification, and licensing industry
Primary Location : US-MN-Bloomington
Job : Technology
Organization : Assessments VUE
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Mar 12, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2103674