Business Process Analyst ( R-00053001 )
The NISC IV program at Leidos is looking for a Business Process Analyst to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Western Service Center (WSC) Planning & Requirements Group with Program/Project Analytical support.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
The selected candidate will be responsible for analyzing and measuring the effectiveness of existing business processes and developing sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. Duties include researching best business practices within and outside the organization, collecting and analyzing process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on enhanced safety, increased productivity, and reduced cost.
The candidate is responsible for assisting the customer with planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. Duties may include ensuring that all programs run within scope, time, and budget constraints. The candidate also interfaces with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
Additionally, areas of support include research, gather, and analyze complex data to develop reports; prepare dashboards; identify trends; and make recommendations for process improvements for all phases of program management.
Specific tasks will include:
- Provide strategic data analysis from Corporate Work Plan (CWP), Primavera, Tableau dashboards, and other databases to identify trends and make recommendations.
- Conduct research, evaluations and studies, and present recommendations/solutions to the FAA customer.
- Assist in converting technical information into policy, process, procedure, and checklist documents by taking specific technical research and data and converting it into language and instructions that are easier to read and understand.
- Provide statistical analysis of multiple databases and prepare presentations and reports from the data.
- Provide support in developing, updating, and analyzing project database tracking programs.
- Create specialized reports for analysis of financial status, project prioritization, and schedule establishment.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA (once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills):
- Knowledge and experience using Tableau dashboards.
- Working knowledge of Primavera and/or MS Project applications.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, Office and PowerPoint.
- The position requires the candidate to travel approximately 10% within the Western Service Area.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Security clearance.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience OR a Master’s degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience OR Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Additional attributes that will help ensure success:
- Knowledge of SharePoint/KSN, Primavera/MS Project, and Tableau dashboards for the purposes of administering, managing, sharing, organizing and presenting analytical information is desired.
- The candidate must have ability to communicate well orally and possess excellent writing skills to various levels of management, including data presentations through charts, graphs and MS PowerPoint.
- Candidate must be organized and detail oriented, have strong analytical skills, and is a team player.
- The selected candidate will have highly developed presentation skills, self-motivated and proactive team player, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.