Business Analyst (2106313)
Business Analyst - ( 2106313 )
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearson.com.
Intellectual Property Protection
Pearson is dedicated to protecting content and author rights across the globe. Building more secure systems, engaging with our distribution partners, and enforcing on rights infringements are all part of a day’s work.
As a Business Analyst for the IP Protection program, you’ll be responsible for identifying and assessing threats to Pearson’s content. You’ll work with stakeholders to gather data, compile a business case, and explore potential solutions to the most compelling threats.
Our team champions the protection of Pearson’s content in all its various formats and presentations. We highlight risks and craft mitigation plans for challenges across the organization. To thrive and succeed in this environment, our team members are flexible, highly collaborative contributors who enjoy learning about the many different aspects of a global publishing business.
Business Analyst Role Description
As a Business Analyst, you will wear many hats, including elements of product management, business analysis, and project management. You need to be able to seamlessly and comfortably move between these roles to deliver our goals and outcomes.
The successful candidate will be working closely with technology, product and support teams world-wide, to shape and drive efforts to future-proof our technologies, products, and business. We are looking for an individual who is inquisitive, creative, dynamic, and flexible; there is no “business as usual” about this role, and few days will be like yesterday. This position requires independent problem solving skills, an analytical mindset, a passion for data, and a solid grasp of technology.
The Business Analyst for the IP Protection program should be a fast learner, a proactive problem solver, and embrace the opportunity to be a change agent.
- Synthesize, visualize and present complex workflows and technology solutions in a concise format, supported by data, for presentation to and approval by stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business owners and subject matter experts to author business cases and properly align and prioritize requirements along their respective roadmaps.
- Work closely with internal product and strategy teams to ensure alignment.
- Track products and trends from competitors and other publishing industries to identify and articulate opportunities for innovation.
- Organize project workgroups to drive and track collaborative solutioning, execution and delivery.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Degree (or equivalent preferred), ideally with a concentration in an analytical field such as finance, business, economics, or computer science.
- A collaborative mindset, thriving on networking, team-working, and communication.
- A sharp intellect and curious, inquisitive approach.
- Ability to articulate and evangelize product vision and strategy, and independently break down business requirements to functional requirements
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- A confident, enthusiastic approach to product and project management, driven by vision, data and measurable outcomes.
- Intellectual Property (IP) background or experience a huge plus.
Primary Location : US-MA-Boston
Other Locations : US-NJ-Hoboken
Job : Project/Programme Management
Organization : Global Product
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : May 3, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2106313