Business Development Analyst ( R-00055699 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
This work supports Tech Transfer and Research Partnerships under the Research Innovation Center (RIC) at the National Energy Technology Lab (NETL). NETL is part of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) national laboratory system and supports the mission to advance the energy security of the United States. NETL implements a broad spectrum of energy and environmental R&D programs that will return benefits for generations to come.
Business development for NETL refers to the process of identifying funding organizations and associated leads/contacts, strategic markets, research collaboration opportunities, and partner organizations. At NETL, researchers work every day to develop technology solutions to difficult problems. NETL works with industry, start-ups, universities, and the public sector to help move federally funded technologies to commercialization.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain the NETL business capture tool (BCT) for Key Lab Initiatives (KLI)
- Meet with KLI champions and support leads regularly (weekly) to review work
- Monitor progress being made in KLI capture planning; identify areas requiring greater attention
- Analyze the BCT data to determine gaps, and then connect with capture team to fill
- Acquire business intelligence, under direction of the Business Development Specialist with client
- Research competitive markets
- Create and communicate metrics to aid in business decision making
- Act as a researcher concierge in navigating the proposal and agreement processes, initiating licensing agreements, including aiding in development of initiation forms
- Support the LRST Business Development Specialist and team
- Support IP (Intellectual Property) and Innovation activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, social sciences, STEM, or related field and 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint, Teams, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- This position will require extensive interface with all levels of the federal client and potential collaborative partners, so excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- The complexity of information to be managed will require excellent organization and documentation skills; attention to detail is a must; and an ability to troubleshoot, resolve administrative problems, and quickly respond to inquiries.
- Must have direct experience working across organizational centers with the ability to understand fundamental and applied scientific and technical research and apply it to real world applications.
- Must have experience with proposal development, partnership agreements/contracts, and CRM tools
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
Command & Control
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.