Business Analyst (2107192)
Business Analyst - ( 2107192 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 21,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes, so do people.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Who is Pearson VUE?
Each year millions of people around the world take an exam with Pearson VUE. Chances are you, or someone you know, has recently tested with us. Your neighbor the computer programmer, your dad’s nurse, your child’s teacher or your local real estate agent. All demonstrate their knowledge, skill and commitment when they test with Pearson VUE.
The position will be located in the Bloomington, MN office
The BSA is a customer-focused role with direct product involvement responsible for managing and communicating requirements to the solution team throughout the project. This is done by understanding and representing the customer to the team through daily stand-ups, a requirements document or backlog, use cases or user stories, and low-fidelity prototyping. A strong and technical understanding of current business needs is required to meet the customer’s needs.
The Business Systems Analyst works closely with an agile project team and Product Manager to manage a backlog of user stories for small to medium enhancements and projects. The BSA facilitates meetings with internal/external clients, end users, and/or other stakeholders for business and data analytics requirements and will provide input to design and test cases.
- 60% Requirements Development & Management
- understanding business problems
- requirements elicitation and analysis
- user story creation and refinement
- prototype/wireframes creation
- 30% Team Collaboration
- daily standups
- status meetings
- iteration planning & retrospectives
- 5% Defects Analysis Input
- 5% Other duties as assigned Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in a Business, Information Systems, Computer Science discipline or equivalent technical work experience required
- Seasoned IT or Business professional with a minimum of 2 years business analysis or related experience;
- Experience with requirements elicitation, requirements documentation, and requirements management;
- Knowledge of agile methodology and practice
- Direct customer interface experience (working with client directly on project tasks; managing client expectations) preferred;
- Proven ability to quickly learn new business domains and technical applications;
- Experience in computer-based testing, certification, and licensing industry preferred;
- Experience with software development of client-server, web-based, data warehousing, reporting, or similar systems
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to solve problems of moderate scope
- Strong technical thinking, analytical, and conceptualization skills;
- Ability to assimilate information and distill knowledge within time constraints;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Creative problem-solving skills;
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Well organized and detail-oriented;
- Strong time management and planning skills;
- Ability to adapt to change quickly;
- Ability to work independently – must be self-motivated;
- Strong computer skills and ability to quickly learn technical concepts and new technology;
- Ability to provide technical alternatives, recommend solutions, and participate in implementation;
- Participate in required employee trainings: Data Protection and Privacy for Pearson VUE; Preventing Sexual Harassment; and Pearson Code of Business Conduct
Primary Location : US-MN-Bloomington
Work Locations :
US-MN-Bloomington-5601 Green Valley5601 Green Valley DriveSuite 220
Job : Technology
Organization : Assessments VUE
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : May 24, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2107192