Government & Public Services - Business Development Analyst - Sales Excellence (17230)
- You can talk to anyone about anything, especially over the phone. Your communication skills are unparalleled.
- You're an excellent writer. You speak clearly and with persuasion.
- You're self-motivated to knock it out of the park every single time, regardless who's watching.
- You understand that you choose your attitude each day and look for the best in people and situations.
- You manage the heck out of any project. Period.
- You pay attention to details. You dot your i's and cross your t's.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. Your competitive spirit and passion for winning is off the charts. You hate to lose (while remaining a good sport).
The Sales Center of Excellence (COE) supports Deloitte's businesses in uncovering, nurturing, and closing sales opportunities. Working hand-in-hand with Partners, Principals, Managing Directors, Sales Executives, and other Business Development Analysts, these BDAs focus their highly skilled efforts to identify and qualify opportunities for our Close As You Go™ team. They will do this by leveraging relationships with Deloitte State Account teams, Deloitte's Marketing team, and with clients to secure relationships with qualified targets and decision makers to uncover qualified opportunities and then serve as a key advisor to the pursuit team throughout the sales process.
What You'll Do:
The Business Development Analyst (BDA) will work with the Sales Executive teams assigned to the Close As You Go™ Asset and will be at the front lines of the sales process. The BDA will perform a wide variety of activities focused on managing incoming sales leads, qualifying them, and providing handoff and support to the appropriate sales team as needed throughout the sales process. The Business Development Analyst will develop deep knowledge of local government issues as it relates to disasters, the costs associated with them, and how governments get those costs reimbursed through various FEMA and HUD programs. The BDA will also develop strong relationships with the appropriate Deloitte offering team. The role involves:
- Establishing contact with identified leads by phone and monitoring progress
- Qualifying leads and sharing relevant marketing and/or eminence materials to develop the lead
- Providing a strong lead and hand-off to the Sales Executive team
- Staying current with industry news, trends and hot topics
- Proposing ideas for asset team to connect with clients, including customization of Deloitte eminence materials and distribution of relevant thought-leadership to key stakeholders
- Successful track record selling software solutions to state and local government clients
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum 3 years' experience
- Exceptional relationship building/relationship management skills to establish rapport, trust and confidence with alliance teams, sales teams, and clients
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite - strong PowerPoint and Excel skills critical
- Quick learner with high energy and creative problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, ability to adapt to changing environment
- Energetic, enthusiastic and organized
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work autonomously while being a team player
- Travel of up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- FEMA, disaster recovery experience
- Established relationships with State, Local and Higher Education clients
- Southeast U.S. location
- Experience with CRM software
- Advanced Degree