Lead Cyber Analyst, Splunk Development & Administration (15308)
- Serves as Splunk developer responsible for creating Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) content to monitor security events and detect potential security incidents across the enterprise. Responsible for SIEM content management, content creation, rule tuning, reporting and alert creation
- Provide knowledge of recognizing and onboarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for parsing purposes to make it CIM compliant, then building dashboards to fulfill stakeholder requirements.
- Provide skillful knowledge within a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
- Work with other Cybersecurity Engineering team members and interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and aid with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards as required.
- Interact with senior management, as necessary.
- Troubleshoot performance alerts from the Splunk infrastructure or Splunk agents
- Assist in the testing of vendor patches for all security applications the Engineering team supports.
- Maintain the Cybersecurity Engineering group in ServiceNow and ensure all request and incident SLA's are met as required by our stakeholders.
- Document and update the Team's process and Data Ingestion procedures.
- Actively seek to improve and develop new content based upon observed security activity
- Provide excellent customer service
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~3,000 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Cyber Security
- Technology Support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Relationship Management
- Strategy & Communications
- Project Management
Cyber Security vigilantly protects Deloitte and client data. The team leads a strategic cyber risk program that adapts to a rapidly changing threat landscape, changes in business strategies, risks, and vulnerabilities. Using situational awareness, threat intelligence, and building a security culture across the organization, the team helps to protect the Deloitte brand.
Areas of focus include:
- Risk & Compliance
- Identity & Access Management
- Data Protection
- Cyber Design
- Incident Response
- Security Architecture
- Business Partnership
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Administration, or relevant educational or professional experience.
- 5 years of related experience including at least 2 years experience with Splunk Administration.
- Strong Working Knowledge of the Splunk Platform.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance and issues, as well as installation and Splunk upgrades
- Strong experience in analyzing, troubleshooting and providing solutions for technical issues.
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Experience in Syslog, Splunk HTTP Event collection (HEC).
- Experience in ingesting logs from DB Connect app.
- Experience creating Alerts, Dashboards and reports in Splunk Tool.
- Experience in requirement gathering and documentation.
- Experience in Log parsing, lookups, calculated fields extractions using regular expression(regex).
- Experience in Developing Splunk Dashboards, Report, Alerts, Visualizations and Optimize searches.
- Hands-on Experience in Splunk Content Development.
- Sound judgment skills and ability to manage escalations.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with minimal instruction,
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be US citizen.
- Splunk Core User Certification
- Splunk Core Power User Certification
- Splunk Admin Certification
- Experience with Data Models
- Experience with writing correlated searches
- Writing Scripts and configure in Splunk Servers.
- Understanding of all Splunk backend components
- Experience with Splunk integration to AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Knowledge and experience in GIT.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $86425 to $159165.