Business Intelligence Analyst ( 565231-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Be a part of the team that identifies opportunities for using data analysis to enhance the Verizon Internal Audit team’s role.
- Add value and improve operations within Verizon’s Internal Audit department by providing data analytics, data mining, and continuous auditing strategies and solutions.
- Provide both advisory and analytical support by identifying, developing, documenting, or executing analytics during all relevant stages of an audit.
- Assist the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and Verizon management in accomplishing their objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the overall control environment, risk management, and governance processes.
- Gain extensive exposure to diverse aspects of Verizon's business through audit assist and standalone projects, including reporting dashboards, process automations, continuous auditing/ monitoring and risk assessment models.
- These audit assignments include increasing levels of responsibilities and presentations to senior management, making the team an excellent place to succeed for high potential employees.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Strong business analytical skills.
- Ability to apply business logic to design and implement data mining techniques on large data sets.
- Proficient in the use of SQL to analyze data trends and anomalies (Teradata SQL, MS SQL server, and Oracle SQL).
- Experience with self-serve analytics/ ETL tools for business users (Alteryx preferred).
- Projects with evidence of Creative and Critical thinking.
- Experience with Data Visualization, particularly creating dashboards and executive reporting.
- Experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a database and programs to manage data analysis efforts.
- Knowledge of the tools, technologies and practices needed to perform in-depth analysis of both structured transactional data, and semi-structured or unstructured data.
- Knowledge of predictive and prescriptive analytics and machine learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team in a fast changing environment with changing priorities and changing time constraints.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to interpret business requests and communicate findings in an intelligible manner.
- Ability to communicate technical findings to non-technical audiences.
- An understanding of risk management methodology and factors.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven Project Management skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.