Business Analyst (2108203)
Business Analyst - ( 2108203 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 21,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
A successful candidate for the Business Analyst position will be an individual who has demonstrated experience working with business and technology stakeholders to understand and document their requirements for software applications. You work closely with Product Management, Engineering, and Testing as a member of an agile scrum group. You provide detailed requirements and guide the scrum through standard practice, deadlines, and roadblocks. You are a self-starter, a strong communicator, and can quickly establish a trusted relationship with cross-functional team members. You thrive on investigating complicated requirements with unknown dependencies and finding order among multi-faceted inputs.
- Working closely with Product Managers to provide detailed feature and capability requirements for the members of an agile development team.
- Facilitate and/or attend ad-hoc requirements gathering/clarification meetings
- Define acceptance criteria for feature stories
- Answer requirements questions in JIRA tickets, Teams, and Slack
- Write tickets for non-functional requirement (NFR) stories and bugs with Engineering and Product Management
- Update expected results on bugs discovered by QA
- Assist the development team in sprint completion by ensuring stories/bugs are in the correct status, facilitate unblocking of any blocked tickets, ensure/facilitate partner team collaboration on feature/epic completion.
- Work with Product Management to perform periodic testing throughout the development process and conduct user acceptance testing (UAT) of completed stories.
- Document final functionality of new/updated features when epics and features are completed.
- Work in tandem with other scrum team leaders and BAs. With that group and management, participate in the broader planning and management of ongoing development work.
- Understand the Business: Has working knowledge of the overall product capability plan and how it contributes to category plan. Has working knowledge of specific market opportunity or customer needs and expectations into product tool and component design. Consults with other stakeholders to assess options and determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to building product capabilities.
- Efficacy: Has working knowledge of innovation within product capability across categories. Understands from design team efficacy requirements and understands how to embed efficacy capabilities into functional product tools and components.
- Collaboration: Is a member of cross-functional product teams with moderate guidance. Provides input to the team on translating customer and technical requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed product capabilities. Interfaces, with moderate guidance, with stakeholders to determine feasibility for functional capabilities to meet customer expectations and needs.
- Digital Change Maker: Has working knowledge on how to build and develop product capabilities with the customer experience in mind, based on inputs on customer intelligence from other stakeholders. Part of the team, with moderate guidance, that investigates new approaches for product build based on examining new technology emerging in the market.
- Transformer: Able to identify external or internal obstacles to products delivery or profitability and monitors to ensure that product teams work within parameters of budget.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of one to three years of hands on Business Analyst experience in the software industry required
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Experience working in an agile software development team and familiarity with agile ceremonies and best practices (writing acceptance criteria, sprint planning, release planning, etc.)
- Familiarity with the entire development process, including specification documentation, quality assurance and production support
- Solid technical writing skills (requirements, acceptance criteria)
- Familiarity with and/or willingness to learn technical concepts of application/product development, REST services, etc.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Experience managing people and/or project managing colleagues who are not direct reports
- Experience in the education/online learning field, especially assessment
- Experience with JIRA
Primary Location : US-TX-Austin
Work Locations :
US-TX-Austin-400 Center Ridge400 Center Ridge DriveTechRidge Three.2 - Suite 100
Job : Technology
Organization : Assessments School
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jun 8, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2108203