IT Business Process Analyst ( R-00061612 )
The Federal Health Operation has an opening for an IT Business Process Analyst for a DoD customer, located at Ft. Detrick, MD. Position is with a DoD Acquisition Enterprise Information Technology (IT) Project Management Office (PMO), supporting Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulated medical research and acquisition. Candidate will work for the Chief Systems Engineer on the project, but is expected to work independently with government contract leadership and major customers to accomplish assignments.
The IT Business Process Analyst’s position is focused on understanding customer’s mission and documenting the USAMRDC and eIT PMO stakeholder’s business processes and IT requirements for the business functions supporting FDA medical research and acquisition to include laboratory, clinical and FDA regulatory functional areas. As the IT Business Process Analyst, understanding the business processes of our customers and how the eIT PMO can support them is the primary role. Candidate will support the Chief Systems Engineer along with the Customer Liaison, Sub-Portfolio Leads, Requirements Analyst and the Product Leads.
- Understand, model and evaluate customer business processes, identify areas for process improvement, and support identification of future solutions.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the projects Requirements Analyst to ensure business processes are incorporated into requirements for system and data designs and implementation.
- Collaborate with the Data Architect on data and alignment of the business processes.
- Maintain business process related architecture documents, via close coordination with the Chief Systems Engineer, Sub-portfolio Lead, Customer Liaison and Product Leads (PL).
- Act as liaison between the stakeholders/users and the eIT PMO office, supporting the product sponsor, liaison officer, and product lead in the business process gathering phase to capture stakeholder business functions and processes to requirement/specifications.
- Define, implement and evolve a communication plan/path, providing leadership with status updates that include customer engagement updates, key/emerging areas of need, and organizational risk assessment/impact.
- Coordinate and facilitate project meetings with business leaders, stakeholders and technical staff including but not limited to: requirements gathering, prioritization, sprint/project planning, and demonstrations/retrospectives.
- Participate in and facilitate the prioritization, sizing and business justification of future product enhancements
- Evaluate and prioritize requirements in coordination with the business process owners if and as needed.
- Support the Chief Systems Engineer with updates to the System Engineering Management Plan, IT Service Portfolio and associated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), and Templates to facilitate process improvements and incorporate lessons learned.
- Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee may be required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
Candidate should be able to:
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Lead and/or participate on internal and client project team meetings including Agile sprint teams as appropriate
- Attend weekly functional area team and ad hoc meetings.
- Attend Engineering Review Board meetings and provide input regarding functional sponsor business and requirements/specifications, release planning, and schedules.
- Peer review and QA various eIT PMO document artifacts.
- Prepares meeting minutes and PowerPoint presentations as needed for briefings to the Leidos Project Manager (PM) and the Government Project Manager (PM) and their deputies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant formal accreditation related to IT services and support is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must in order to interface with multiple teams on business and information management processes.
- 4 years’ experience in the IT field.
- Must be able to successfully complete a NACI background investigation.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training, and also be a strong team player when called upon.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project and Visio).
- An eye for detail and demonstrate the ability to absorb and clearly document complex problems.
- Have an aptitude for continued learning.
- Physical capabilities: work may involve long periods of sitting and or standing.
Experience in the following:
- Overall DoD acquisition experience
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 21 CFR Regulations and Guidelines
- IT Service Management (ITIL)
- DHA and Army processes and guidelines.
- Be able to understand policies, regulations, and guidelines that must be followed to keep the Project operational.
- DoDI 5000.75 Business Systems Requirements and Acquisition
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Technical tools relevant to role, such as Sparx Enterprise Architect