Senior Salesforce.com Business and Technical Analyst ( 571113-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Business Analyst / Solution Provider will be responsible for leveraging an exceptional understanding of the Salesforce CRM ecosystem to conceive and design solutions to evolving sales and marketing automation opportunities. You will work directly with both technical and business personnel and will serve as a knowledge leader charged with innovation in one of the most impactful elements of the business Organizations including sales, marketing, sales support and finance will rely on this leader to evaluate current and proposed business operations procedures in the context of automation possible within the Salesforce ecosystem and potentially through the application of third party appendages to Salesforce. Once concepts are established, you will work with a cross-functional team including IT staff and business technology representatives to formally design the solution, work through development and manage launch related activity from the context of ultimate user success. You will be asked to perform many functions while helping our sales, partners, and support users achieve their objectives. You will require leading the engagements with sales, marketing, sales support, and many more organizations to collect requirements and present strategies for the implementation of new programs/initiatives, as well as the presentation of solutions. These will include but not limited to, conducting requirements interviews, documentation of business/technical requirements as user stories, working with the agile process for implementation, solution options and presentation, UAT planning and script development, UAT execution, production shakeout, train the trainers, and pre and post go-live planning and support.
- Be the technical advisor to business leadership given their background and mastery of the capabilities of the various platforms available.
- Lead, build and maintain world-class Salesforce.com solutions using best practices in the areas of system decommissions (moving legacy systems to Salesforce.com), lightning apps and components, custom apps, changes to core apps, AppExchange Apps, approvals, workflows, product configurators, custom Price Books, commission tools, dashboards, attainment, contest pages, custom apps, etc., for many organizations who are the users of Saleforce.com.
- Recommend improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Lead implementation of new processes and technologies.
- Lead legacy systems’ decommission initiatives.
- Lead meetings with stakeholders to review the challenges and opportunities for CRM automation needs - sales, marketing, and many other users of the system.
- Lead the creation of ideas/designs and document these as user stories / requirements.
- Lead the discussion of these ideas and user stories with the IT team(s).
- Lead planning and creation of UAT test plans.
- Lead execution of the test plans.
- Lead the creation and execution of pre and post project implementation plans.
- Lead the training for the support teams who provide user support for the platform.
- Adopt continuous personal improvement by enrolling and completion of various Salesforce.com education programs.
- Provide support for the platform when required.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% or less.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Salesforce.com Admin and Consultant Certifications.
- Seven or more years of demonstrable leadership in providing complex business solutions via Salesforce.com.
- Seven or more years of demonstrable leadership in managing the solution implementation in Salesforce.com – various methodologies.
- Extensive functional knowledge of the Salesforce.com sales and service clouds, and partner community.
- Demonstrable ability to lead strategic/consultative sessions with clients.
- Demonstrable proficiency in building/documentation of requirements, solution design, UAT prep and execution, and pre and post-go-live support.
- Demonstrable proficiency in working with Salesforce.com integrations, data migration, building of custom apps (lightning or otherwise), UX for page layouts and record types, custom objects, sharing rules, workflow and validation rules, email templates, formulas, dashboards & reporting, and Sandbox-to-Production processes.
- Experience with building/documentation of requirements, solution design, UAT prep and execution, and pre and post-go-live support.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com integrations, data migration, building of custom apps (lightning or otherwise), UX for page layouts and record types, custom objects, sharing rules, workflow and validation rules, email templates, formulas, dashboards & reporting, and Sandbox-to-Production processes.
- Ability to lead strategic/consultative sessions with clients.
- Ability to solve diverse, complex, and crucial business problems.
- Ability to meet deadlines, communicate delays, clarify ambiguities.
- Self-directed with ability to work in fast-paced, ambiguous environments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.