Business Operations Analyst (100729)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Provides a combination of administrative, analytical and technical support for the organization.Key Accountabilities
- Uses and maintains relational databases and other reporting tools to analyze, compile, calculate, track, report and clean-up data pertaining to various reoccurring processes which may include, but are not limited to, water plant operations, capital programs, field projects, work orders, regulatory compliance, customer service and employee records.
- Prepares, responds and gathers data requests in various configurations such as SAP, CRM and various other systems.
- Compiles and reviews numerous essential reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Interacts with internal/external customers as a first level resource for various departmental or functional issues which may be related to customer service, customer billing, water supply, regulatory issues etc.
- Provides any additional assistance and researches and resolves difficult customer questions, concerns, difficulties, inquiries and/or problems.
- Provides general administrative and clerical support for day-to-day managerial and departmental needs and special projects which may include but are not limited to: composing routine letters, obtaining permits, preparing and distributing meeting minutes, handling travel arrangements, p-card/ workbasket processing, document preparation, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of standard business practices and principles, including basic accounting and budgeting
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft office suite applications including
- MSWord, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and email management systems (MS Outlook)
- Knowledge of specific systems such as SAP preferred
- Demonstrated organization and administrative skills Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Minimum 3 years overall work experience preferably experience with administrative, reporting and customer service, preferred
- High school diploma with post high school coursework in secretarial science, business, finance or accounting required;
- Associates level degree in business, finance, accounting or engineering preferred
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.