Senior Instructional Design and Development Analyst (2109728)
Senior Instructional Design and Development Analyst - ( 2109728 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
As a Lead Instructional Designer, you will manage partner/client relationships with regard to instructional design needs. In this role, you will combine your expertise in instructional design and technology to help our partners/clients create contextually-rich, objective-driven online or traditional learning experiences and courses that focus on real-world, workplace skills. Working with a team of instructional designers, project managers, media developers, quality assurance staff, other Pearson departments, and our partners/clients, you will take courses and/or degree programs from concept to implementation.
Responsibilities: Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following.
● Provide instructional design consultation to the partner/client (which may include faculty) and/or subject matter experts to develop contextually-rich, objective-driven courses and learning experiences that focus on real-world, workplace skills.
○ Facilitate the custom curriculum development process.
○ Assure that courses adhere to partner/client standards.
○ Conceptualize, storyboard and work with multimedia developers on custom online course components. Where appropriate, customize existing Pearson media assets to achieve the objectives of a particular learning experience.
○ Build course content in learning management systems. ○ Assist with implementation, review, and revision (where applicable) of courses.
○ Complete instructional design documentation to ensure quality and consistency.
○ Track time and tasks in project management system.
● Collaborate with partners’/clients’ leaders to:
○ Develop and maintain standards, guidelines, and templates.
○ Support accreditation and curriculum planning and development initiatives.
○ Research, implement, and lead emerging technology initiatives.
● Facilitate ID team meetings about custom curriculum development initiatives.
● Ensure common initiatives for partners/clients.
● Be familiar with the project scope and project objectives for the partner/client as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. This may include supporting, managing, and coordinating activities for vendor partners.
● Support Pearson work streams, cross-functional staff, and account managers for custom curriculum development needs.
● Escalate internal and partner/client issues to the appropriate stakeholders.
● Provide oral and written status reports, workshops, and other presentations to Pearson and partners/clients. Ability to travel as required, up to 20%.
● Manage changes to the development scope, course delivery schedules, and project costs/budgets in collaboration with leadership, Instructional Design Managers, project managers, vendor partners, and partner/client.
● Serve as an Instructional Designer on assigned courses and learning experiences development.
● Collaborate with project manager(s) assigned to given partners/clients to ensure timely development deliveries, project management, changes in development scope, and instructional design team support. Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Requirements and Qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, curriculum, educational technology, or a related degree is required; master’s degree is preferred.
● Minimum of three years’ experience in instructional design.
● Experience in higher education is preferred.
● Knowledge of adult learning principles, constructivism, facilitation, and learner-centered activities.
● Ability to provide instructional design consulting services to subject matter experts.
● Specific experience in designing authentic assessments, generative learning experiences, and engaging course content is required.
● Experience collaborating with teams and partners/clients to manage expectations.
● Experience in learning management systems and building content in learning management systems. Proficiency in using various systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, etc.
● Experience in html or css preferred.
● Ability to be creative, flexible, and innovative in course design.
● Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
● Comfort in working within project management applications is required.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, superior organizational skills, partner/client management skills, self-direction, and motivation.
Ability to travel as required, up to 20%
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $70,000-$80,000. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program. Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Primary Location : US-Remote
Job : Professional Development
Organization : North America
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting : Jul 31, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2109728