Accounting Development & Compliance Analyst ( R-00062916 )
Leidos Accounting and Business Operations (ABO) team is seeking an Accounting Compliance and Development Analyst in Tucson, Arizona. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that is responsible for Transformation, Employee Development and Internal Controls. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to experience many different projects and meet leaders across the organization.
Primary Development Responsibilities:
- On an annual basis, design a development strategy for ABO [team of over 150 professionals] based on Leidos mission and values coupled with trends in Accounting, Business and Finance fields. The development strategy will be cascaded throughout the organization and include training, employee engagement, employee development, etc.
- Design and maintain the ABO onboarding process for new hires, internal mobility, etc. and oversee execution of onboarding process across all teams.
- Create and annually renew the ABO training plan via collaborating with leadership teams, understanding knowledge gaps and integrate the input from the development strategy. The individuals
- Quality review ABO team trainings to ensure they are clear, concise, and meet the objective of the training audience.
- Monitor consistency of development activities across ABO, track as necessary and provide real time feedback to ABO leadership of areas of strength and improvement.
Primary Controls and Additional Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Accounting Compliance Analyst -
- Conduct mini audits or deep dives of account reconciliations, journal entries and processes, leveraging accounting or internal control experience. Provide expert feedback on positives and negatives over the area of review
- Understand all ABO SOX controls and tailor monthly review processes to self-check to ensure our teams are meeting the internal control standards.
- Clearly articulate and remediate issues that may arise during the monthly close process through coordination with SOX, Finance, ABO and other teams, as necessary.
- Prepare or approve journal entries, accruals and balance sheet reconciliations for the monthly close process.
- Other tasks and special projects such as downstream impacts stemming from ledger migrations, acquisitions, and other initiatives from the Controller organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field with over 2 years of professional experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated prior and future capabilities to work overtime to ensure team deliverables are met and during surge periods
- Knowledgeable of accounting principles, specifically, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and self-motivated to independently study accounting concepts.
- Strong computer skills including proficient experience with Microsoft Office products, mainly Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Must possess the ability to work with all levels of personnel with excellent leadership, verbal, written communication skills.
- Background or demonstrated success in Development areas – engagement, career paths, excellence in trainings.
- Public accounting audit, SOX audit experience, or clearly demonstrated skills to understand risk and internal control weaknesses.
- Self-learning desire or experience in transformation – PowerBI, Robotics Process Automation and automation in general.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, with PowerBI expertise being a plus