Business Analyst (42834)
- Assisting the Product Owner in leading, directing, and reviewing all activities associated with delivering technology products.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Tax Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and technical teams and project managers on development projects during all phases of software development life cycle
- Responsible for conducting Design Thinking sessions to gain insights into end user needs, Manages the Product Backlog for a Product, working with the Product Owner to prioritize requirements, define and manage scope and sprints for a project.
- Provides operational support to tax practitioners. Configures SharePoint features in production and non-production environments. Engages with various teams to resolve problems as they arise.
Partnership Solutions Group ("PSG") is a division of National Federal Tax Services ("NFTS") and is one of the fastest growing practice groups in all of Deloitte Tax. The PSG team is focused on enhancing Deloitte Tax LLP's ability to deliver comprehensive, value-added, and efficient Tax services to our clients. It is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds from tax functional, tax technical, technology development, and project management. The team consults and executes on a wide range of initiatives involving process and tool development and implementation including training development, engagement management, tool design, and implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Administration, or relevant educational or professional experience
- 3+ years of related experience in related field
- Experience in process design and process improvement
- Ability to write simple Microsoft SQL Server statements
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Working knowledge of analytics, data management, statistics, accounting, and computer applications
- Knowledge and experience with tax compliance systems or financial systems
- Tax industry experience is a plus
- Experience managing deadlines, goals and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job
- Advanced written, verbal analytical and communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Basic client interaction skills
- Familiarity with agile project methodology
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively with teammates, end-users and leadership
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment
- Ability to complete work in an acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center