Sr. Business Analyst (100710)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The purpose of this position is to lead and drive business application development opportunities and implementation for Field Operations that may also have impacts to cross functional business applications and working with those key stakeholders. This role will define project objectives, scope, timelines, requirements, design, and testing for successful implements migrating risk, triage defects and responsible for ensuring effectiveness to the overall operating business while contributing to key business initiatives.Key Accountabilities
Project manage all enhancements for the Claims Management business applications and create dashboards of project prioritization, implementations, and timelines.
• Create and implement project definitions, schedules, budgets, and objectives for application integrations and enhancements for Field Operations including statements of work meeting contractual specifications.
• Determine need for changes in scope of projects and revises within established guidelines/policies as appropriate making recommendations based on determinations by gaining consensus from stakeholders.
• Recruits appropriate resources needed to assign project tasks ensuring communication of deadlines, assignments, and objectives. Acts as the point of contact for project team.
• Manages costs, schedules, and quality by overseeing project deliverables ensuring they are met.
• Performs ongoing review of project status, identifies project risks, and develops, recommends, and implements risk mitigation solutions as appropriate.
• Recommends and implements changes or alternate paths based upon performance and metrics post implementations.
• Develops project presentations for requests, objectives, and updates on project status to leadership.
• Oversees overlapping projects related to but not limited to new business, product setup and development, deployment of application enhancements, application maintenance, approve and audit application users, and annual provider maintenance.
• Regularly audits for quality assurance of application mapping for reporting, month end, and users.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to think creatively. • Ability to function independently and efficiently in carrying out assigned and, delivering recommendations for different audiences into digestible material. • Highly organized, detail-oriented, and driven with a strong work ethic and demonstrated teamwork skills. • Self-starter with the ability to multitask and work effectively in a dynamic environment with fluctuating workload and aggressive timelines while promptly delivering timely and accurate results. • Exceptional problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and instill trust through honesty, integrity, and authenticity • Able to be accountable for making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- 7+ years as a application development, project manager, or designing, developing, or enhancing business application performance. • 7+ years of experience using data analysis tools (Power Bi, SQL Server, Tableau), data query reporting • Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Project Management, Systems preferred.
- This role must be able to occasionally work after hours.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.