IT Business Analyst ( R-00064511 )
The Leidos NISC IV program is looking for a IT Business Analyst (BA) to join our team in Washington, DC to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Primary Responsibilities of the Business Analyst will be:
- Analyze the business needs of clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose solutions.
- Function as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems in support of multiple IT projects.
- Understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Research, plan and recommend software and system choices to meet the organization's business requirement.
- Formally document business, functional and technical requirements and tracks any changes to them by producing and using System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) deliverable documents, including functional requirements specifications, requirements traceability matrices (RTMs), use cases, workflow diagrams and data flow diagrams.
- Develop and maintain Agile documentation including Product backlog/requirements, Release requirements and description.
- Interact with the customers to know their requirements, work with designers to convey the possible interface of the software, communicate with the development team to keep track of system development.
- Meets with the end users to review and validate the business and functional requirements and performs system testing with sample/live data with the help of testers to ensure the successful implementation of the new system.
- Interact with the customer to ensure compliance with Enterprise Architecture, DOT and NIST Security and Privacy Standards, and Contingency Planning guidelines.
- Participate in product design reviews to increase the understanding of functional requirements, and product designs.
- Generate and review software documentation and report to the team lead about inconsistencies that team lead may use to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Coordinate with FAA Infrastructure and Operations team to transition solutions to a production release and coordinate with FAA Help Desk to troubleshoot user issues.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related field and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in managing, tracking and validating requirements. Experience in writing detail functional and nonfunctional requirement.
- Experience in developing use cases, business process modeling, Functional Requirement Document (FRD), RTM and Test Cases.
- Forward thinking and resourceful to ensure solutions are brought to fruition and requirements are closed properly.
- Ability to problem solve and apply methodologies such as Unified Modeling Language and Rational Unified Process, to prepare detailed specifications using case statements and related documentation.
- People skills, with the ability to engage diplomatically with stakeholders and communicate changes that may not be aligned with the original expectations
- Knowledge of proper requirements specification and development, such as process/functional requirements definition methods, JAD/RAD sessions, use case development, process flow diagrams
- Demonstrated ability to engage customers to resolve root cause issues in a positive, non-adversarial manner.
- Proven leadership skills, independent worker, and able to deliver with minimal or no supervision.
- Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions.
- Deep analytical skills to understand complex procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions.
- Able to successfully handle customers’ expectations. Demonstrated customer-facing stance.
- Experience with conducting research on specified topics, determining conclusions, and presenting the results in a logical and concise manner.
- Working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
- Experience using SharePoint, JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- CBAP, CSM, CSPO and/or PMI-ACP Agile Certification is a Plus.
- Experience using SharePoint and Confluence as document repository.
- FAA or DOT experience is a plus
NOTE: The candidate is required to report to work in Washington DC office 2-3 days/wk and should be flexible to attend in person meetings with the customer as needed.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.Pay Range: