Business Intelligence (BI) Data Analyst ( R-00066281 )
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
As part of enterprise data warehouse team and enterprise data architect team in Woodlawn, Maryland. This opening will support contracts at the Social Security Administration. The BI Data Analyst helps the leaders and works with many other BI projects to come onboard using Enterprise Data Warehouse and advanced analytic platform. The BI analyst will work with project leads, enterprise data architects, development teams and DBAs to perform project architecture assessment, data model review, ETL data analysis, ETL detail design and development. The BI analyst will provide guidance to other BI project development teams to follow standard guidelines and best practices.
Day to Day Responsibilities
• Lead the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field. The candidate will continually assess advancements in technologies to gauge and recommend better solutions for the customer to improve the software developer experience and efficient delivery of software.
• Mentor and coach technical staff, proactively shape product vision, and support multiple internal/external initiatives to achieve mission success. The candidate will have past and proven experiences as the technical lead on large, complex projects, and enterprise solutions.
• Provide technical advice/input that impact strategic client outputs and Leidos business results.
• Impact functional strategy by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that.
- Experience in BI related fields with progressively increased level of responsibility in data analysis, data modeling, BI development, database development and SQL experiences.
- Good understanding with BI development life cycle, data architect, metadata management, data marts and related methodologies.
- Experience in ETL design and development using any ETL tools such as Informatica and Ab Initio.
- Familiar with data replication tools and technology.
- Experience with data lake, big data, AWS and cloud-based databases, MPP database technologies such as Greenplum and PostgreSQL is a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding SQL and data analysis skills
- Experience in data modeling for operational and data warehousing using ERWin Data Modeler tools is a plus.
- Experience in analyzing and building reports / dashboards using BI reporting tools such as Tableau, Web Focus and MicroStrategy is advantageous
- Able to multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with multiple teams and users for more than one project, at the same time.
- Experience with ERWin Data Modeler tools
- Experience building Report and Dashboards using BI tools such as Tableau, Web Focus and MicroStrategy
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of hands on experience or Master’s Degree with 5+ years of experience in a related field.
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.