Associate Test Development Analyst (2113463)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
We are seeking an Associate Test Developer to join our English Testing team within the English Language Learning division at Pearson. This role will report to the Senior Manager Test Development. The role of the Associate Test Developer is to manage all transcription projects which are key to developing our AI scoring models used in many of our products, such as PTE Academic. In addition, this role will review candidates’ test results and be involved in the QA of many of our products.
- Manage a team of 50-70 transcribers by monitoring work, providing feedback, tracking progress, and tracking and approving hours worked each week
- Recruit, hire, and train new transcribers as needed
- Regularly review and fix transcriptions
- Provide phonetic notations using the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Provide part-of-speech tags
- Review candidates’ test results and provide feedback on performance
- Sit tests as part of the QA process and provide feedback
- Send out monthly reports on test usage
- Perform other duties as assigned to assist the Test Development Managers and Product Management team
- Bachelor’s degree in a language-related field, such as Linguistics, TESOL, Language Studies, ESL/EFL, or English
- 1-2 years of job experience in an education-related industry
- Experience with Excel and basic formulas
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines
- Must be able to successfully work independently and remotely from a home office
- Ability to grasp new technology development and testing platforms
- Knowledge of the International Phonetic Alphabet
- Familiarity with SQL is a plus
- Previous transcription experience is a plus
- Experience teaching English language learners is a plus
- Experience in the educational testing and assessment industry is a plus
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Job: PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Organization: Assessments Clinical
Req ID: 2113463