Business Intelligence Analyst ( R-00067559 )
The MFLC program provides critical support services to all active-duty military services members and their families at all military installations CONUS and OCONUS to enhance and maintain military and family readiness. The program supports over 2500 personnel.
The Military Family Life Counseling Program (MFLC) is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst who will create and manage business intelligence and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. Using Microsoft Power BI and other supporting analytics tools the Analyst will develop data-driven reporting that measures outcomes, metrics, business performance, and trends analysis for process improvements and risk management applications. This position will also have responsibilities for working with other applications for which it derives the data from, to include SharePoint and Azure environment.
If you are a data driven individual with strong business analysis knowledge, strong problem-solving aptitude, and an excellent communicator, we would love to hear from you!
If you are a veteran with strong IT skills and business analytics mindset that has strong communications skills also, we want to hear from you and make you part of a veteran friendly company that builds an inclusive culture as we shape the future of innovation stating at the company level.
- Lead the enhancement of existing dashboards and develop new reporting capabilities utilizing tools such as Power BI, SSRS, SSIS, SQL as well as the full suite of Microsoft Office applications.
- Create, edit, and organize charts, tables, and other visual materials into executive-level Power Point briefings.
- Develop Power BI reports, dashboards, publish reports to power BI service and establish gateway refresh schedules.
- Work with Business Analysts and end users to evaluate business requirements and advise on appropriate informative views and dashboards.
- Document business requirements and translate into technical reporting specifications.
- Develop proof of concepts to mockup complex reporting requirements with upcoming technologies on Microsoft Analytics platform.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 4 years of experience in data science, data analytics, systems engineering, or related field.
- Experience with the following tools: Power BI, MS Excel, MS SharePoint, JIRA
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Excellent communicator, strong critical thinking and collaboration skills, able to function in a high-paced, dynamic environment as part of a diverse team
- Must be proficient in PowerPoint as these tasks will be required 25% of the time
- Experienced with Microsoft BI analytics stack (SSIS, SSAS)
- Familiar with data visualization
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite
- Detail orientated
- Other duties as assigned