Senior Analyst, Business Data Governance (R458581)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy finance at Stryker?
Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation?Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named the #5 Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs including training, certifications, mentorship, leadership programs, tuition reimbursement, one-on-one coaching and more!
What You Will Do
The Senior Analyst, Business Data Governance will serve as a critical resource supporting the advancement of material data governance and management best practices. This role is responsible for managing the day to day needs of the material business data governance and data quality program.
This professional will recommend and implement policies, procedures, and standards for the material data governance and data management functions. They will be responsible for identifying data quality opportunities and drives compliance with data governance and quality initiatives.
This analyst will ensure material business data governance opportunities are identified and addressed throughout the project management lifecycle. They will proactively create and support a culture where data development is treated as a core competency across process, data, and technology disciplines. They will align discipline best practices to continuously improve and protect the data asset.
This role is responsible for providing data domain expertise executing on all facets of the data governance discipline and lifecycle to implement strategic initiatives and provide hands-on support, partnering with data management, business stakeholder, and IT teams
What you need
- Represents Material Business Data Governance team across complex, multi-departmental projects.
- Participates in or leads data activities in support of strategic initiatives and projects.
- Provides mentorship and formal training within or outside of team to increase data literacy.
- Applies diverse and cross functional business knowledge when analyzing multi-dimensional problems
- Presents findings and solutions to executive level and creates correct messaging for intended audience
- Coordinates and facilitates the creation of data definitions, policies, standards, and processes, working with data stewardship/management teams.
- Performs impact analysis and coordinates the execution of change processes.
- Creates data governance and quality metrics and dashboard.
- Support governance principles, policies, and stewardship within the project lifecycle and IT SDLC.
- Analyzes and identifies data sources, data redundancy and implements processes to remediate data issues and/or data clean-up efforts.
- Identifies data quality opportunities and drives adherence with data governance and quality initiatives.
- Participate in and review system enhancement and new technologies for data needs, use, and redundancies.
- Serve as key data domain expert along with data steward/management teams (i.e. supplier, material, customer, finance).
- Identify process redesign opportunities that may include current system enhancements or the need for new technology.
- With global process team, design and deliver efficient and effective data processes.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with the functional, divisional, and regional teams.
- Represents Material BDG team in business and technology projects, ensuring data standards are followed or amended as needed.
- Collaborates with IT and business teams serving as central point of contact to address data management and data governance needs by domain.
- Analyze problems, diagnoses issues, and finds root cause, and then either create a fix or partner with the team to collaboratively design a solution.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or IS/IT required.
- 2+ years of experience in Data Governance, Data Management, Data Quality, or Corporate business function required.
- Knowledge of SAP S/4 Hana and supporting modules, as well as diverse knowledge with regards to multiple ERP platforms (e.g. Oracle, JDE) a plus.
- Use of key data governance tools such as Informatica, SAP EIM, Collibra, etc. a plus.
- Strong functional understanding of key business processes.
- Working knowledge of data governance best practices.
- Ability to meet the rigorous deadlines of a growth company; ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities, coordinate, and manage multiple projects.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally in a global matrix structure.
- Ability to address problems logically, carefully, and methodically. Persistence to pursue problems until they are solved, but also the good judgment to know when to stop and ask questions.
- Ability to listen and discern data governance oversight or involvement with little information.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving issues in area of expertise.
- Experience with ERP implementations, data mapping, cleansing, and migration management a plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Presenting to executive level stakeholders
- Delivering governance analysis and solutions with little direction.
- Experience facilitating cross functional teams and delivering process improvements.
- Hands-on person with exceptional analytics and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to place questions and problems in the proper context.
- CDMP, CIMP or IQCP certifications a plus.
- Fluency in English required.
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/