Business Analyst (341578)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident, and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise, and local operations globally.
Chubb’s Financial Business Solutions (FBS) group acts as an internal consulting group with ability & intelligence to identify & drive high impact Strategic Business Initiatives for Collections Shared Service Center within North America. This team primarily provides services in the area of Process Reengineering, Enterprise Program Management, Business Intelligence/Analytics, Information Support and Operational Risk Management.
The Business Analyst will be responsible to work with various operations process owners to translate business needs into strategies and plans with focused execution. The candidate will play an integral role in project execution, solution delivery to complex business challenges and communicate requirements to all levels of management.
- Work with process owners/users to identify & execute opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assist in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Document business/operations process, workflow, and system changes and translate business/operations process rules into the functional specification to support technology development.
- Perform thorough gap and impact analysis by developing process models, maps & other artifacts.
- Analyze the feasibility of, and develop requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensure the system design fits the needs of the users
- Set up a process to report progress/status of all initiatives including post-implementation benefit measurements against set targets monthly.
- Prepare test plans/cases and carry out test execution to ensure all issues are identified, tracked, and reported timely.
- Conduct change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and document business rules, functional specs, and requirements to support the change.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Work with process teams to identify knowledge gaps within operations teams and facilitate process training/cross-training to improve operations productivity and efficiencies
- Will play a critical SME role in identifying technology solutions as part of process reengineering initiatives.
- Facilitate problem-solving discussions to drive root cause and lead to sustainable solutions to prevent a recurrence.
- Provide support in creating ad-hoc/routine BAU operational reports
- Insurance/Financial Services Industry – 3+ Yrs
- Business/Systems Analysis Experience - 3+ Yrs
- Project Management Experience 3+ Yrs
- Lean/Six Sigma or Other Business Reengineering Methodologies - 2+ Yrs
- Billing, Collections & Receivable Management Understanding - Plus
- PMP or Certification - Plus
- Lean or Six Sigma Training/Certification – Plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Preferred
- Technical or Business Writing - 2+ Yrs Preferred
- Strong communication, organizational, and documentation skills
- Ability to perform data analytics using BI tools (COGNOS, Excel/Access, SQL Server)
- Ability to work independently while being an integral part of a team
- Takes ownership and strives to meet aggressive targets and milestones
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks, proven track record of diagnostic problem solving
- Result/Solution-Oriented who can work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong process reengineering background with solid business process design, & modeling experience
- Strong project management skills. Ability to manage systems implementation as well as business projects
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://chubb.com/careers