Intern - Analyst Corporate Development (101299)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.Primary Role
Summer Analysts experience the culture of American Water by establishing a strong foundation in the fundamental skills of financial analysis, valuation, and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) on a range of active transactions. Summer Analysts receive continuing on-the-job training throughout the program and benefit from working on meaningful projects and live acquisitions alongside experienced professionals including the Chief Growth Officer and Director of Acquisitions. In addition, Summer Analysts have many opportunities to network with peers, mentors, and senior managers throughout the organization.Key Accountabilities
- Develop and maintain models to depict projected financial results and values for corporate and asset acquisitions
- Work closely with senior advisors to prepare presentations and other materials for investment committee decisions
- Conduct financial and credit analysis as it pertains to active deals
- Perform comprehensive and in-depth competitor and industry research
- Participate in meetings, due diligence visits, and other client interactions to gain exposure to the water sector
- Create statistical exhibits that analyze comparative financial performance
- Participate in strategic planning sessions
- Attend meetings with corporate and investment banking partners
- Interest in finance and valuation and are keen to learn the ropes from former investment bankers
- Critical thinking, adaptability, have a strong work ethic, possess leadership skills yet are a collaborative team player
- Ability to quickly adapt to professional collaborative environments, deal with ambiguity, take initiative, and achieve results
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Currently an undergraduate student actively pursuing a degree
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because they are an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.