Analyst, Business Transformation (87129)
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As a key member of the Innovation and Business Transformation team, you will be responsible to map current business process and future states, support gap, cost, benefit, and process analysis, and provide Tier II SAP HCM (Human Capital Management) business support, including year end and tax activities. The Analyst will also create, maintain and report on Robotic Process Automation (RPA) process components, including process flows, control objects, exception handling, etc. with extended IS teams.
- Lead testing efforts, identify issues with respect to solution performance, communicate required changes to development team and track resolution;
Work with business teams to understand and document the business process requirements, analyse and validate automation feasibility;
Provide Tier II and related business support activities for SAP HCM (Human Capital Management);
Assist the core automation team in creating the business case;
- Design Robotic Process Automation (RPA) process components, including process flows, control objects, exception handling etc. with extended IS teams;
- Create, maintain and report on automated test steps to meet integrated testing and project release requirements;
- Analyze data related to system and process performance issues to identify improvement opportunities;
- Analyse business problems and develop solutions;
- Investigate issues raised by Manager, Business Transformation Services or project teams, and develop solution alternatives;
- Review computer code, system logic, technical specifications, and database queries as required;
- Provide process improvement expertise to project teams as required;
- Communicate status of initiatives and problems to management.
- University degree in Operations Research, Business, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- 2 years of relevant railway or IS working experience, specifically in SAP HCM;
- Experience in automated software testing;
- Business analysis or project management certification, or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated ability to use RPA and testing tools (such as Blue Prism, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Unified Functional Testing (UFT), Tricentis, Tosca);
- Demonstrated proficiency with Office productivity software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access);
- Demonstrated proficiency working in SAP HCM;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously;
- Strong analytical ability;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Development or computer coding experience in modern technologies such as Python;
- Ability to manage conflict and conflicting stakeholder interests;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to influence up to Stratum 3;
- Ability to work under strict time lines
- Ability to work effectively on more than one project at any given time;
- Ability to travel up to 20%;
- Requirement to work irregular hours (off shifts and weekends) as part of project activities and deployments.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").