Advisory Cloud Security - Business Solution Analyst (66812)
- Assist in conducting cloud security assessments and provide recommendations on required configurations for client cloud platforms (such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba Cloud, Oracle Cloud) and environments based on Deloitte's Cloud Cyber Risk Framework. This can include cloud-native or third-party solutions including directory services (e.g., LDAP, Azure Active Directory (AAD)), infrastructure (compute/networking/storage) services, data protection services, security monitoring, logging, PaaS services, and SaaS services (e.g., 0ffice 365).
- Provide technical security support for cloud-native and third-party security services and resolve service-related issues through research, troubleshooting, and working with cloud service providers and third-party security solution vendors.
- Support proof-of-concept and production deployments of cloud technologies.
- Perform technical health checks for cloud platforms/environments prior to broader deployment and assist clients with configuration of cloud platform scanning tools, and delivery of cloud security and compliance reports.
- Understand and support cloud platform-specific security policies, standards, and procedures for management group and account/subscription management and configuration (e.g. Azure Policy, Azure Security Center, AWS Config), identity management and access control, firewall management, auditing and monitoring, security incident and event management, data protection, user and administrator account management, SSO, conditional access controls and password/secrets management.
- Troubleshoot problems with cloud infrastructure (e.g., domain name service, virtual network peering, dedicated cloud connectivity services - Azure ExpressRoute, AWS DirectConnect, Google Cloud Dedicated Interconnect) and resources (e.g., virtual machines, virtual networks, cloud databases) in a multi-cloud vendor environment and document technical platform issues, analysis, client communication, and resolution as part of cyber risk mitigation steps.
- Assist in developing and analyzing security-related metrics
- Assist in developing and updating processes and procedures with a focus on automation
- Provide internal cloud security technical training to Advisory personnel as needed.
- Support the team on proposals, whitepapers, proof of concepts, technical eminence materials and firm initiatives.
The successful Business Solution Analyst will demonstrate:
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment where organizational skills are essential.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, interpersonal, and ownership skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills with a wide variety of internal team members.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
Deloitte Advisory's Cloud Cyber team helps complex organizations more confidently pursue their growth, innovation and performance agendas through proactive management of the associated cyber risks. The Cloud Security team works on the front lines with our clients supporting them with their cloud security needs to securely navigate their journey to the cloud on the leading cloud platforms, by implementing industry leading practices around cyber risks and cloud security for clients.
- BA/BS Degree is required. Ideally in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Engineering, Information Technology.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
Training or working experience in at least one of the areas listed below.
- Technical knowledge of at least one cloud platform in security or infrastructure implementation and operations.
- Hands-on technical experience with infrastructure systems such as networking (e.g. WAF, Firewall and load balancing), operating systems, SCCM and endpoint engineering, and infrastructure automation implementation or operations.
- Experience with Cloud Identity and Access management solutions in implementation and operations.
- Cyber Security Operations support
- Limited sponsorship may be available
- Working knowledge of different Cloud platforms (Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)) and environments (Public, Private, Hybrid) in a security role.
- 1+ years of hands-on technical experience enterprise-level security incident and event management (SIEM) implementation or operations.
- Experience with JSON, Python, XML and ability to write cloud automation scripts desired.
- Certifications such as: CCSP, AWS Certified Security, Microsoft Azure Security, Azure Security Engineer Associate
- AWS Certified Architect, Microsoft new role-based certifications (Azure), GCP Cloud Architect, GCP Cloud Security Engineer CCSP, CISSP.
- Knowledge of security and privacy-related industry standards and frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001/2, NIST 800-53, NIST CSF, CSA CCM) is a plus.
- Experience with IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling concepts - (Focus on cloud native networking, Palo Alto and Cisco DMVPN).
- Experience with Centrify, MFA, McAfee AV, Tenable/Nessus, Trend Micro, Splunk, STIG Hardening.
- Experience with Security Governance solutions like Redlock or Prisma.