Specialist Business Analyst (2364)
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Specialist Business Analyst, Proposal Solution Design and Documentation will coordinate and produce the technology deliverables needed to support Pearson proposals in response to RFPs, RFIs, and anything that triggers the creation of a proposal where the assessment technology team is needed. The Specialist Business Analyst will be responsible for coordinating, documenting, technical writing, and estimating assessment delivery products. Additional responsibilities include assisting with research and process improvement projects.
This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to meet challenging deadlines.
- Assess proposal requirements and coordinate assessment solution creation from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from business development, product development, product delivery, infrastructure and operations, finance, security, and legal.
- Be skilled in building effective partnership with all levels of the organization to provide strategic thought leadership, process, and solution expertise
- Manage multiple proposals, deadlines, releases and priorities.
- Review RFPs in detail and identify mandatory business requirements.
- Analyze and Interpret RFPs as released; identify specialty requirements and constraints.
- Ensure compliance to internal policies and procedures.
- Verify compliance with RFP requirements.
- Lead the effort of writing proposal text for Assessment Technology Engineering technical systems, infrastructure, security, and delivery.
- Participate in reviews and incorporate all feedback and revisions in a timely manner.
- Conduct research for process improvement projects.
- Work collaboratively with leadership, subcontractors/partners, subject matter experts to gather information, synthesize technical concepts, and write original content around technical solutions.
- Deliver compliant, professionally produced solutions, and cost information, within the timeframes needed for the proposal submission.
- Act as a primary point of contact with the business, on behalf of the technology organization, for creation of proposal solutions and cost estimations.
- Subject matter expert capable of leading of large and complex proposal technology solutions.
- Identify gaps in existing solutions, enterprise tools, and competencies that limit successful delivery.
- Establish contacts with the other Pearson teams involved with the proposal process, as well as, with other vendors we partner with for proposals.
- Engage senior technical and management staff to obtain necessary information and commitment for the proposal solutions being developed.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (business, marketing, engineering, etc.) preferred, other degrees such as Communication, Journalism, and English are acceptable.
- Master’s degree in English, Journalism or Business preferred.
- Experience with K-12 assessment industry terms, contracts, deliverables, and processes is required.
- Strong knowledge of RFP and proposal process is required.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and use of Microsoft Writing Style Guide
- Ideal candidates should possess 5+ years of experience in the K-12 assessment industry.
- Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant proposals within a complex business environment.
- Experienced in leading a team and working with other teams, leading design/storyboarding sessions, gathering cost info from teams that will be responsible for delivering the services/changes needed in the proposal, facilitating key review meetings, coordinating proposal governance / sign-off, document production, and delivery of the completed proposal.
- Good verbal skills, excellent written communication skills
- Above average writing and editing skills required
- Ability to conceptualize and think creatively
- Ability to work comfortably with executive team
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility to work under tight deadlines
- Curious and quick learning
- Team leading skills
- Effective at building and maintaining relationships with team and senior management
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management, planning, multi-task and project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong PC skills
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $85-95k. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Assessment & Qualifications
Req ID: 2364