Sr Engineer Consultant-Software Development ( 597413-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, highly motivated Sr Engr Cslt-Software Development for developing Managed security solutions in the Technology and Product development organization.
Verizon’s Enterprise Cybersecurity platforms and products, is a portfolio producing over 400M dollars annually in topline revenue for the Verizon Business Group organization. This portfolio includes SASE, Software Defined Perimeter, Network Detection and Response, the Managed Security Services platform/services, as well as the Atlas platform and any other new/additional platform or product initiatives for the VBG Cybersecurity product domain –spanning the 5 NIST cybersecurity pillars of Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond and Recover.
The position will be responsible for:
- Technology development, solution design, and architecture for end-to-end Security and Network products.
- Development of new products and incremental features as well as overall lifecycle management of the existing platforms, products and services.
- A key sustained objective of this role is to integrate the Cybersecurity platform capabilities into Verizon’s key network-based products like Private Networks, IOT, MEC and even Consumer/SMB security.
- Ideate, collaborate, design, solution, and architect managed security products working with internally developed solutions and vendor solutions.
- Work in an agile environment across stakeholder organizations (including Software development teams, Product Management, Product Engineering, Security Operations, Network design teams, Back office systems, Customers, Sales and Partner’s).
- Partner with stakeholder organizations to define and align on product roadmaps, priority and delivery dates.
- Work with the product and delivery teams to collaboratively drive new solutions, proof of concepts and help drive the architectural direction of the solution.
- You can work independently on complex projects, under minimal supervision, independently lead end-to-end software design and devise solutions to diverse range of complex problems, and also collaborate with stakeholders and development teams (internal and external) to ensure successful implementation of new or enhanced functionality for the product.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.This role can sit out of any valid U.S. based Verizon work location.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Strong experience in Linux based RESTful web service development, Angular and the MEAN stack, Java and Spring, RDBMS, AWS, Git and other development tools.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience with large scale public and cloud based solution development, delivery and multi- tenant operations.
- Five or more years of work experience in security or network products.
- Strong experience in full-stack software engineering - design, detailed architecture, vendor selection, software development - client, back-end and infrastructure, testing and quality assurance.
- Technical knowledge of complex systems and architecture concepts.
- Good understanding & industry expertise to provide systems perspective and knowledge of compliance frameworks.
- Good working knowledge of cloud based services in Security and Networking like Managed Detect and Response, SASE, Zero Trust, DDoS, Security Gateways, WAFs, SDP etc.
- Experience collaborating across a set of cross functional delivery teams to build and ideate solutions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).