Business Process Consultant - Telecommute (106219418)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Effectively assess processes, identify opportunities for improvement, quantify impact and translate customer needs into efficient, effective and streamlined processes within our business operations
- Execute transformational quality initiatives through the application of Value Stream Mapping, Systemic Problem Solving, Statistical Data Analysis and End-to-End Process Improvements including process re-design where applicable
- Review, Analyze and Report Statistical findings through critical thought and storytelling of key findings and opportunities to all levels within a matrixed organization
- Liaise and work closely with the QuEST Line of Business and Provider leads and team members, Operations team, and other business partners to own the delivery of short-term containment and long-term strategic projects to support the QuEST mission and vision
- Interact with stakeholders to share diagnostics, build future state process designs, integrate and build quality error proofing into processes and present implementation recommendations with a balance between short term gains and strategic imperatives
- Provide leadership on business process improvement and drive forward a culture of continuous improvement and efficiency
- Partner to identify critical to quality metrics, and support the operationalization of monitoring and management to deliver improved performance across business processes
- Leverage a broad base of quality engineering tools and problem-solving methodologies to deliver bottom-line impacting and continual process improvements
- Acquire an understanding of and document current state process within QuEST as well as within business operations
- Analyze processes, data and systems to identify improvement opportunities and make improvement recommendations
- Evaluate downstream business systems, processes, and / or organizational impacts and identify risks and barriers
- Create effective and compelling visual materials/presentations that support the process improvement impact to the organization and adequately represent the impact to quality, cost and time
- Develop and maintain work plans, time schedules, project task lists, and status reports
- Provide direction, guidance, and support to other project team members
- Define, track, and monitor key success measures associated with projects
- Successfully deploy and support change management and appropriate training plans
- Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with all stakeholders to facilitate the successful accomplishment of key quality initiatives. Ensure effective communication with all internal stakeholders throughout the project
- Build and present business cases for Executive Leadership review and approval, including estimates on benefit, effort, resource needs, and timing
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in process improvement, design/re-design and implementation of permanent and continuous corrective actions
- 5+ years of experience leading problem-solving efforts with cross-functional teams to delivering business improvements stemming from complex, large scale business problems
- 3+ years of experience driving quality implementation, standardization, and adoption within a complex/matrixed environment
- 3+ years of experience delivering process re-design and/or best practice implementation, utilizing Lean, Continuous Improvement, Quality/Systems Engineering and Six Sigma approaches to achieve results
- 3+ years of specific and successful experience using Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Process (Gemba) walks, FMEA, and systemic problem-solving techniques to identify, prioritize, and communicate continuous improvement opportunities
- 3+ years of experience influencing people through clear/concise storytelling at all levels in the organization on key decisions and strategies to drive change
- 3+ years of experience in a corporate setting
- Advanced degree in engineering, business, technology, and/or health care related field
- Project and/or program management experience
- Proven application of quality engineering, lean/six sigma and/or process improvement principles
- Proven leadership skills including mobilizing and leading people in cross functional teams, with excellent interpersonal and organization/management skills and an ability to motivate teams to accomplish shared goals under stringent timelines
- Self-starter that demonstrates accountability and ownership of their work, capable of precisely communicating by providing relevant information to different levels of leadership and cross functional groups through appropriate communication channels, and a team player willing to freely share knowledge, resources, and information
- Data driven, yet comfortable with ambiguity and able to balance a bias for action with an understanding of appropriate risk
- Ability to prioritize, run multiple parallel projects and deliver on time with outstanding quality of content and form
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.