Business Applications Developer - Technical Consultant - Telecommute (106277925)
Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
An exciting opportunity to support a team responsible for root cause analytics, preventative action planning and execution, data integrity, and quality.
Role will be on a business efficiency and analytics team focused on ensuring that the teams supported have efficient processes, appropriate controls, metrics, and systems in place to meet organizational objectives efficiently and effectively. Position will be responsible for process improvement, data management and analysis, automation, metrics, and process/protocol adherence. Will be a key player in creating, maintaining, and updating macros and automated validation/auditing tools. Provide support and expertise with data management projects such as database developments and system/process controls. Support the modernization and revamping of data sources, system controls, validation and auditing tools, automations, reporting, and user interfaces. Monitor process improvement plans for implementation compliance and solution effectiveness. Support closed loop continuous quality improvement strategies. Use business knowledge and supporting data to recommend business process and product enhancements.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze and identify technical drawbacks and increase process efficiency
- Develop software/application solutions in accordance with assigned projects and corresponding goals
- Work with team Business Analysts, SMEs, and other developers to review requirements and design documents to ensure that project deliverables are met
- Identify and communicate issues or risks with project deliverables
- Effectively communicate with users to answer questions and resolve urgent requests
- Work with less experienced staff to help them improve their development skills and goals
- Bring “continuous improvement” and learning mindset to the team and encourage learning and professional growth in others
- Continuously look for ways to automate manual and repetitive work by implementing automated solutions through continuous process improvement
- Create reports and present development updates to teams and stakeholders
- Accurately document programming and code changes
- Detail-oriented with the ability to quickly identify and solve programming errors
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, programming, information systems, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of technical experience in a business software/application development environment
- Full Stack Developer - experience with both the back end (server side) and front end (client side)
- Advanced background with Microsoft applications and environments especially MS Access and MS Excel
- Proficient with MS PowerPoint and able to deliver high quality presentations
- Proficiency in SQL, including the ability to write stored procedures, triggers, indexes, functions, etc.
- Strong understanding of Database Management with a SQL server
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Ability to explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and fosters understanding
- Proficient with Python
- Proficient with R
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with Business Intelligence
- Proficient with business intelligence and reporting tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with RxClaim/AS400
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.