Consultant - Business Intelligence ( 599681-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You'll be part of a team that touches all aspects of our business. You'll grow your skill set with peers dedicated to ongoing learning and helping each other get the job done. You have a passion for SQL developement and have adiverse skill set in database modeling and administration as well as enterprise systems architecture and Business Intelligence. You are investigative and thrive solving complex technical problems and data discrepancies. You'll be working with business intelligence systems to provide diagnostic self-serve information to clients and business units.
- Serve as a project manager.
- Identify business problems and developanalytic techniques to provide solutions to external teams.
- Drive multiple technical and data-related projects of varying scopes and complexities.
- Work with other business units within Verizon to represent and drive our organization's strategy.
- Use data visualization and other data-gathering methods to either provide internal strategic direction or guide decisions for other teams.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint presentation creation.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Business, Marketing, Information Systems, Analytics/Business Intelligence, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field (ideally an MBA).
- Leadership and strategic planning experience.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL or equivalent program.
- Experience with WAN IP protocols, Wireless technologies, or Passive Optical Networking.
- Experience with carrier-grade router hardware (e.g., Cisco, Juniper, Brocade).
- Business intelligence/visualization software experience (e.g., Tableau, Splunk, or Kibana).
- Data mining, preparation, and modeling experience.
- Statistical analysis language experience.
- Data preparation tool experience.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- ETL and data integration experience
- Experience with Talend, Informatica, and Python coding.
- Windows PowerShell programming experience.
- SSIS Integration jobs building and maintaining and SSIS and SSRS report building and maintaining.
- Knime knowledge.
- Experience with trending and developing executive dashboard design.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).