Business Process Consultant - Telecommute (107238611)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Business Process Consultant is responsible for developing and documenting the operational readiness of UnitedHealthcare Hearing. This role must have an ability to operate within a shared services environment. Primary responsibilities include customer implementations, end-to-end business processes, policies and procedures, system configuration and master data management necessary to facilitate transactions. This role will lead the documentation and development of business policies, process design and project implementation teams in process improvement activities. This position is also responsible for creating quality reporting, analysis, and audits and for developing plans and programs to support continuous quality improvement. May assist in the creation, implementation, and evaluation of Total Quality Management (TQM) programs.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- UHC Hearing’s operational readiness and plan implementation team partners with the local leadership team and sales & account management team to implement internal and external customer programs
- This role will work with multiple shared services teams (i.e., sales and account management, operations, technology, finance, controllership, capital, regulatory, quality assurance, etc.) to drive cross team impacts
- Demonstrate understanding of basic process management and total quality management principles and methodologies (e.g., Agile)
- Document business policies that drive the creation, control and improvement end-to-end business processes in partnership with operations
- Document policies and procedures to ensure master data validation is continuous
- Lead process design and project implementation teams in process improvement activities
- Create quality reporting, analysis and audits for developing plans and programs to support continuous quality improvement using applicable tools
- Develop and execute strategies and implement controls to support business goals/objectives
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes and recommend enhancements to Hearing’s technology release processes and business delivery for operations
- Models and promotes the core values of the UnitedHealthcare Hearing
- Conduct other duties and responsibilities, not specifically described, may be defined, or assigned from time to time, consistent with knowledge, skills, and abilities of the incumbent
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Health Administration, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in writing business and/or system requirements and business/finance analysis
- 3+ years of experience with documenting processes and practices, often in accepted project methodology artifacts
- 3+ years of experience documenting policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to realize cost savings and quantify efficiency gains from relevant efforts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 4+ years of experience with MS Project, Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Visio
- Significant experience working cross-functionally (experience with a matrix organization a plus)
- Experience with SaaS and/or a previous high-growth company
- Experience with Salesforce Core, Partner Cloud, OMS, and Commerce Cloud
- Previous health care Industry experience
- Previous team lead or project lead experience
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce
- Working knowledge of Agile product model, AHA, and Rally / Jira
- Solid communication skills and success partnering with, leading, and influencing multiple teams responsible for complex operations
- Extremely organized and ability to multitask
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $26.15 to $46.63. The hourly range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $28.85 to $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativSe Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.