Business Analysis Consultant - Telecommute (108281769)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum Advisory Services Business Analysis Consultant will be part of the implementations team driving business requirements, process flows, and operational workflow with clients. This position is required to support Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, and ACA Clinical implementations.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Gather and document business requirements for Clinical Care Management, Utilization Management, and Appeals & Grievances
- Leverage health care payer knowledge and expertise to recommend best practices on Medicare Advantage, Medicaid and / or ACA implementations and operational workflow
- Act as a subject matter expert on Altruista’s Guiding Care / Optum Integrated Care Suite (OICS) application configuring Care Management, Disease Management, Population Health, Utilization Management, and Appeals & Grievances modules
- Responsible for business requirements traceability through solution and delivery
- Drive and execute user acceptance testing
- Troubleshoot and identify issues quickly
- Facilitate meetings and presentations to executive leaders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience with business analysis in the health care payer space
- 3+ years of experience in government health care domain (Medicare / Medicaid)
- Advanced proficiency with data analysis using SQL
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience presenting to executive-level leadership
- Willingness to travel up to 35%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience
- 3+ years of experience configuring Altruista's Guiding Care application or other clinical platform such as Care Advance, Jiva, Med Decision, etc.
- Consulting experience
- Experience with Facets, QNext and / or HealthRules claims platforms
- Experience with Tableau
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.