Consultant, New Product Development - Advisory Board Research - Washington, DC or Telecommute (108991630)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Advisory Board’s New Product Development team is responsible for defining the division’s growth strategy and developing new products and services. In helping to fuel growth for the department, the group works collaboratively with the leaders of Advisory Board research. In addition to the conceptualization and launch of new products, this group will help to refine the product strategy for existing research programs and assets. This group offers motivated, entrepreneurial staff a unique opportunity to drive the firm’s growth while inflecting systemic change across the healthcare industry.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage and serve as a thought partner in the research, development, and launch of new product or partnership opportunities
- Own the evaluation and contribute to the ideation of new opportunities and products that align with the Advisory Board portfolio
- Provide analytical direction and guidance throughout the NPD research cycle, working through primary and secondary research, solution concept generation and testing, rigorous analysis of findings, and recommendations for product development
- Identify and size market opportunities
- Conduct rigorous market and customer testing
- Assess competitive pressures
- Guide pro-forma analyses
- Support product development, alpha/beta partnerships and testing, and product launch
- Manage internal approval process
- Partner with product lead on the development of the marketing and sales strategy
- Develop sales collateral and conduct sales calls with appropriate leads
- Manage execution of initial product delivery
- Work cross-functionally, including with sales, marketing, content and Optum strategy teams
- Mentor junior staff on NPD team
- Participate in the ideation, and manage the development, and execution of events supporting early product development and subsequent product launch
- Seed, develop, and maintain lasting relationships with leaders across Advisory Board and Optum, and with research, vendor, and future client partners
- Project management for assigned NPD product team
- Support the creation of internal communication documents and presentations to aid in educating others and building internal support for product research, development, and launches
The successful individual will also possess the following characteristics:
- Comfort with ambiguity, easily adaptable to change, a growth mindset
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment, ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Comfort communicating on new topics and with partial information
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years professional experience
- Experience in new product development, product management, research or strategy consulting
- Experience working with clients in a consultative role
- Demonstrated experience with solution-focused problem solving and demonstrated experience thinking through and framing problems
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience conducting market testing
- Experience in developing growth strategies for organization(s), particularly around new business lines
- Experience identifying and sizing potential market opportunities
- Product management experience
- Experience managing and coaching more junior team members
- Experience in corporate strategy, start-up, or business development
- Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines
- Health care industry experience
- Willingness to take risks and act decisively with regard to new opportunities
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives
- Comfort engaging senior-level people in back-and-forth conversation, ability to be convincing when necessary, and ability to develop solid relationships through each interaction
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.