Proposal Development Consultant - Telecommute (109250663)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
To position UnitedHealthcare offerings strategically and competitively through our proposal responses using a variety of resources including our standard / core database, marketing collaterals, company Web sites and sales strategy.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Own the articulation of the value proposition, key themes, market position and overall strategy within the proposal by gathering the necessary information to write a compelling story in simple terms which reflects a solid understanding of the customer’s needs and our internal product offerings and competitive differentiators
- Ability to convey complex thoughts, both written and oral in a clear, concise way that is tailored to the audience
- Ability to research the customer’s needs (through Web sites and other sources), work with sales by developing meaningful and thoughtful questions to extract the necessary case information
- Work in a highly matrixed environment and collaborate with sister proposal units to reflect one core value story and integrated process
- Listens well; ask questions effectively to gain information or clarify understanding in order to ensure high-quality work
- Thoroughly understands and utilize all available sales support tools, including the database and marketing collaterals
- Ability to anticipate and understand the unique needs of our sales partners and develop solid working relationships
- Ability to understand network and financial information and bring those elements into the case writing process
- Complete all project-related work in a timely, productive manner and meet all case deadlines
- Thoroughly review proposal product before shipment with team lead and BDM
- Maintain and enhance business skills, including understanding health care industry, managed care trends, healthcare reform, etc. and participate in all relevant training opportunities to enhance and improve current skill set
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years in the healthcare industry in a proposal writing, marketing, and/or sales support position
- Solid computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, and online format applications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of Qvidian database software
- Skills in written communication
- Solid interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Solid focus on quality
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Flexible and able to cope with changing conditions
- Ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas and think outside of the box to develop solutions
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Intense customer focus and ability to adapt style and approach to customer preferences
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.