Consultant - Business Systems - Telecommute (109329624)
Landmark Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
This role will be responsible for gathering, analyzing and documenting business requirements for Reporting. This position will work closely with Data Governance Manager and Reporting BA team and will assist by updating and maintaining data dictionaries in Collibra platform – work with business stakeholders to keep business glossary of terms, definitions, and calculations up to date. This position may also help gather requirements for new report requests, conducting user interviews to understand the need and document them, and will be responsible for retrieving and analyzing data to assist end users with their business needs.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop clear, concise, unambiguous definitions for reports and data dictionaries, such as descriptions related to backend tables, columns, report filters, and report calculation logic
- Develop SQL scripts and, most importantly, reverse engineer older/existing reports by analyzing stored procedures and scripts and documenting what the report code is doing with clear definitions and descriptions
- Identify and document the sources of data, such as, which backend database and table the information is coming from, and understand how the data is flowing, from ingestion to the downstream reports and systems
- Work closely with reporting team to identify and resolve reporting issues and root causes
- Collaborate with all levels of end users and client facing teams, including executive level staff, to manage requests, questions, and issues
- Create and document the business requirements
- Act as a liaison between business and IT on data and reporting questions that may arise
- Quickly understand new requirements or problems, and then suggest a possible solution
- Gathering and performing thorough analyses of all the information available
- Add, update, and delete information within our metadata platform, Collibra
- Extract data and perform analysis on an as-needed basis, using SQL
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar field of study; or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or similar role
- 3+ years of experience reading, writing and running basic SQL queries
- Experience with testing and UAT processes
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Power BI, Excel, and Tableau
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Collibra or related data governance/metadata tool experience
- Health care industry
- Solid writing skills and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.